• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Contour issue with PDF.

Hi All,
I'm having issues with the cut line not showing up in Versa Works coming out of Corel Draw as a PDF. It only happens occasionally & I'm not sure if has to do with the way I export the file or what. The file is a vector & the cut/contour line is in the PDF when I import it back into Corel, but it will not show up in Roland Versa Works.
The same file & cut line show up fine if I export as an EPS but the file has a gradient & PDF version prints much cleaner. PS - If I send the cut line alone without the graphic, (in PDF format) it shows up just fine. Any ideas?

Attachments

• WrightLight 3x3 final.pdf
    430.4 KB · Views: 110

cornholio

What Versaworks version are we talking?
If it's 5.51 or lower, it's a known issue and you have to live with it.

Jason Thomas

Try the attached. Long time VersaWorks user here. I actually have version 5.51. I think the inability to see the contour cut has to do with transparencies in the file. Try saving your pdfs as Acrobat 4 (PDF1.3) and set your Overprint/Transparency Flattener to High Resolution in Advanced settings.

Attachments

• WrightLight 3x3 final_CUT.pdf
    172.7 KB · Views: 71
Try the attached. Long time VersaWorks user here. I actually have version 5.51. I think the inability to see the contour cut has to do with transparencies in the file. Try saving your pdfs as Acrobat 4 (PDF1.3) and set your Overprint/Transparency Flattener to High Resolution in Advanced settings.
Thank You. I will try it & will write down the hints for next time as well.

Got it to work by converting the original AI file to eps before importing to Corel Drive. It must be something to do with AI & Corel not playing well together at times. I will definitely remember the tips for next time though. Thanks all!