• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut line is always off......

tonywhittier

I have a SP-540V and everytime i try to cut its always off...doesnt matter if i do 1 decal or 100 its always off...any ideas on how to fix this???

Attachments

• photo (23).jpg
    photo (23).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 64

tsgstl

is it consistent? Is it always one direction?
what software? Is this a roland all in one (edit sorry you did say this) and if so are you printing registration and loading it back?

sorry for all the questions but at this point it could be hardware or software

Wow that is off by a huge amount. Have you performed the user-level print & cut calibration? Instructions for this are in your User Guide, if you don't have the card copy of the guide, you can download the PDF version from Roland's web site www.rolanddga.com

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If I were you I would get a tech manual and do both the encoder strip calibrations and environmental match. Then I would do the service menu print/cut adjustment. If that doesn't do it I would call in a tech.

tonywhittier

That picture was a print/cut at the same time, but it also does it when printing marks and reloading the material. I've tried doing the calibrations but doesn't seem to make a difference. It was seems to be consistent from front to back

DoubleDiamond

I also have the sp-540v and have this issue too. To minimize this problem we print a bleed, we do multiples in small batches, we often do environmental match, and never use the get media size when doing the cut only. We have done the print cut align and it made it worse, so back to default settings. When we do a job that requires tight registration, I have to print double the order because only half will be acceptable. These are 2'x4' decals that cut after lamination. I do add a center wheel and it helps too. I think it's a common problem that seems to only be able to be minimized. Adding a graphtec plotter for the cutting will make it go away completely. That's my future plan. Good Luck, Joe:doh:

splizaat

When we do a job that requires tight registration, I have to print double the order because only half will be acceptable. These are 2'x4' decals that cut after lamination. I do add a center wheel and it helps too. I think it's a common problem that seems to only be able to be minimized. Adding a graphtec plotter for the cutting will make it go away completely. That's my future plan. Good Luck, Joe:doh:

I think this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here...recommending to buy a graphtec plotter because your printer isn't performing correctly?! hahaha. Fix the printer - something is very very clearly wrong if the cut is off that far, but not far enough off to recommend someone buying a plotter to fix the problem.

:bushmill:

MR. Graphics

do you have an offset for each; the cutting side and the print side? (some might call them panel margins) i use flexi to print and cut on mimaki's the printer margin is set at .2 while my cutter is at .1 this makes the cuts low and to the right of the object. yours look high and left. which would mean your margin for cutting is higher than your print margin. once i made them the same... no problems...hope this helps a little.