• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut or not to cut ??

Zazzess

Thank you so much

you can create a cut line in illistrator(if your using illy) and using your profile in versaworks you can have the printer cut out the poster for you.
i had for about 8 months a 5 foot x 3 foot table and a 6 foot straight edge metal ruler. it was a right pain because we do alot fo bigger items such as 6 ft and 8 ft banners etc so they never fit on the table. i went out and got a 8ft x 4ft table top and a 8ft x 4ft cutting mat as well. i also have a 8ft metal ruler.
tell your boss in order for you to work correctly, faster and more effeciently you need at least some decent basic tools.

You are so right ! Thanks for your support :goodpost:

:U Rock:

Zazzess

Want you to know

Hi !!

I really want you all to know that it feels so much better to know that you are there for support !!

And know that if I can help I will with all my heart :D

:U Rock::U Rock::U Rock:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for more info on Keen or Fletcher cutter setup.
If you have some I'd really appreciate.

Tks again :)

There's a ton of information about it.... just google it. We have a Fletcher FSC and a Keen Evolution 124. Both... fantastic little machines.

We got ours from a Merchant Member here, Graphics Resource Systems. Ask for Dave. He's a really good guy and tell him I sent you. He'll probably double the price on ya, but you'll get good stuff.

Make sure you let him know you're a s101 member and were recommended by others here.

Zazzess

A must have !!

Yup, your boss needs to buy you a big enough table. At least 8 -10' long and little bit wider than your media. IE, if you have a 54" printer, you should have at least a 55" wide table. I use tempered glass for my table top. I like it a lot but I'm sure others don't. Cutting matts also work very well. You can also buy a great little tool called "Image Edge" http://www.imageedge.com/. All Graphic Supplies used to sell them, not sure if they do anymore. I always put a 0.25 pt rectangle on prints that are mostly white. I know it takes a little longer to print, but it also helps the the areas with ink coverage dry properly.

Thanks a lot for the link !! It seem to be a must have tool !!

Zazzess

Wow !! merci beaucoup :D

There's a ton of information about it.... just google it. We have a Fletcher FSC and a Keen Evolution 124. Both... fantastic little machines.

We got ours from a Merchant Member here, Graphics Resource Systems. Ask for Dave. He's a really good guy and tell him I sent you. He'll probably double the price on ya, but you'll get good stuff.

Make sure you let him know you're a s101 member and were recommended by others here.

:thankyou::cool1::thankyou:

Zazzess

Hey !!

my boss bought the image edge !! And he's planning to order a 5/10' table !

Thank you all !!

Tim Aucoin

Just had this table built for my shop... it was done by my brother in Kingston, Ontario... not far from you. 4' x 8', very solid and very, very well built. It has the main table plus a lower shelf (I have yet to get the wood for the shelf, as I just put it together last week). If you're interested in one, I can find out a price for you. :smile: Congrats on the ImageEdge... that is what I started out with way back when and it was very helpful. Since then, I've purchased 3 different length safety rulers... a 60", a 48" and a 100". They cover everything I need to do! Don't forget to get a GOOD cutting mat for whichever table you go with.

Attachments

• table1.JPG
    table1.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 109

Zazzess

Yesss well done !
I'm happy and I love my job lol :)

Thank you for helping us !!

T3 I really appreciate ! My boss already ordered the table by a friend of his that sells us stuff.

It's on his way for thursday !!

Thank you Signs 101 !!

Tim Aucoin

:clapping: That's excellent news! Your job will get a whole lot easier. Now... what else would you like us to suggest your boss buy for you? :rolleyes::Big Laugh

ionsigns

It is sad when THE BOSS is not educated in their chosen endeavor. It is even sadder when the employees know more that the BOSS or have to solicit help online because THE BOSS does not know how to research a solution to problem or refuses to!

My deepest sympathies.

Last edited:

Zazzess

You are so great !!

I send the drinks guys !! :rock-n-roll::bushmill::thumb: Here!!!
:toasting: Well at least the boss is open minded... lol

Thanks for your sympathies lol

:loveya:

boxerbay

yup exactly what the rest said. we have a keencut evolution 104" with the flip down on a 120" x 60" table. All you need to add is MDO board top and a cutting mat. You will be able to plow thru 45 - 24x36 posters mounted on foamboard in about 1 hour. all cuts super straight and clean. It is a bit of an expense but your boss will save labor hours and mis cuts in the long run. you will also be able to turn out more work in a day.

Zazzess

what about the image edge ?

yup exactly what the rest said. we have a keencut evolution 104" with the flip down on a 120" x 60" table. All you need to add is MDO board top and a cutting mat. You will be able to plow thru 45 - 24x36 posters mounted on foamboard in about 1 hour. all cuts super straight and clean. It is a bit of an expense but your boss will save labor hours and mis cuts in the long run. you will also be able to turn out more work in a day.

Have you tried the image edge ?

It has been one of the suggestion and that's what we chose to buy :)

I'm eager to try it :) 120'' image edge and 120'' cut table :) new purchase:rock-n-roll: