Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut/plot not launching...?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Ken, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Hi Folks.
    Corel GS X5 plus Cutting Master 2 using Graphtec FC 7000.
    When I try to launch the cut/plot that usually opens the Cutting Master screen I get a time out error message.
    I've done a repair install on Draw 5 and have the newest Cutting Master 2 version.
    Any one else have this problem/solution?
    Thanks.
    Ken

Tags:
  2. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    help...

Help...

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    To add onto what Pat said,
    have you tried launching Cutting master directly from the start menu instead of calling it out from within Corel?
    If it opens without the error the cutting master install is good and Corel's VBA launcher might be broke.
    You could look for the file (should be something like "cuttingmaster2.gms") and replace it or reinstall the whole plug-in from the Graphtec site.
    If it won't launch on its own then you'll need to completely uninstall CM and try to reload it.

wayne k
    guam usa

4. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Sometimes you just need to restart your PC when this happens. Other times you have to re-install Cutting Master. I save an old version because I dislike the newer one.
    Good luck.
    Love....jill
    PS
    If you do a search, I think I have a few threads on here where this has happened to me.