• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Studio and X7 please help!!

JMPrinting

I have Corel subscription and it made me update to X7 and I tried installing the plug-in and it doesn't work...this is a nightmare

Techman

sorry you have to endure this challenge.
This is just the beginning of the never ending spiral. Update,, plugins fail.. update plugins, ,,, software updates, plugins update,, fail..

I would get a older stand alone version of Corel, with a working plugin and never update again for years.
I still use corel x3 installed with cocut and have absolutely no fear of any update. I would wager this will last me until I retire.

JMPrinting

Yea to hell with subscriptions...I am buying it and keeping it that way. Roland phone lines are down too...great. Corel can pay me for all these jobs I am going to lose

JMPrinting

Thanks, I was able to save as an EPS and import into CutStudio. I didn't even think about that, now I can relax a little. I hate updates...

OldPaint

it never ceases to amaze me.....you have a ROLAND and cutting vinyl.....WHY WHY.... do you even use CUT STUDIO?????? like techman said....FOR CUTTING VINYL......what does corel X7 have that corel X3 DONT???? sometimes you just need to understand....THE NEWEST AINT THE BEST... for what you are doing.
ALSO.......I CUT FROM COREL.........DIRECT TO A ROLAND CX-300 ALL DAY LONG....been doing this since 1992!!!!!! i have cut studio, i have LETTER ART.....i have played with most all sign programs.....AND STILL COREL DOES IT THE BEST...
DUMP THE CUT STUDIO... set up to cut right from X7.... if you havent bought X7 YET..... stay with X3, X4, X5.........no updates needed)))))seems YOU CREATE .....YOURE PROBLEM.....

JMPrinting

Did you even read my post before you turned on the CAPS LOCK??? Why so many question marks? I opened my business last year with a subscription version of Corel and X6 was out, why would I buy an old version? I had A SUBSCRIPTION which I pay MONTHLY and Corel updated and I have to get the UPDATE. I didn't choose to have the NEWEST program. I function just fine with cut studio, it's what I was taught to use and it works just fine

Techman

Corel can pay me for all these jobs I am going to lose

No,, pay one more month of subscription towards purchasing older x3 and be done with paying anything ever again.
And ,, ever better. Never again have to worry or suffer an update that shuts you down.

There is nothing x7 will do for cut vinyl that x3 cannot do.

OldPaint

:goodpost:.............
BUT YOU WONT TAKE ADVICE, to make your life easier because of your own stubbornness!!!!! as for me using CAPS........why is that what you prefer to talk about??? so many question marks??? AGAIN.... i do it so you will read it.....CAPS ARE EMPHASIS .. in this usage. but then as you will inevitably....WILL JUST BLOW OFF ANY GOOD ADVICE and continue with as you say...........
"I function just fine with cut studio, it's what I was taught to use and it works just fine" so be it...........cant help those who wont help themselves....

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Anyone dependent on any plug-in/bridge software that runs inside CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop or any other program like that strongly resist the urge to immediately jump on any upgrades to the latest versions. All too often the latest versions will "break" many plug-ins. And that forces you to buy upgrades to the newer, more compatible plug-ins when they are released.

I would contact someone at Corel and ask if it is possible to reinstall X6 rather than X7. I don't understand why Corel would force any subscription based users to install X7. By comparison Adobe allows Creative Cloud customers to run CS6 applications even though the CC applications have been out for several months now (and Adobe is still selling the CS6 perpetual license software). You could even run Illustrator CS6 and Illustrator CC on the same machine. A couple CS6 apps (Fireworks and Encore) aren't getting any further upgrades. I think the CS6 applications that have newer versions will be removed from Creative Cloud downloads sometime in June or July.

One could get away with using an old version of CorelDRAW, such as version X3, as long as old computers and old operating systems lasted forever. Unfortunately they don't. At some point everybody is going to be forced to upgrade.

I had to move from version X5 to version X6 when I bought my latest work computer a little over a year ago. CorelDRAW X5 would not install under Windows 8.

We still have a few older Windows XP based machines in our shop doing some specialized duties, like running a vinyl cutter. I had to do a "factory restore" to one of these old PCs just recently, just days after the XP death date earlier this month. When I ran Windows update to download the existing service packs, patches, etc. none of them were there. The page just errors out. Microsoft apparently removed all the downloadable files of XP SP1, SP2, SP3 and all of the security patches. None of them automatically download in the background either. That surprised me. I knew Microsoft wasn't going to release any new security or bug fix updates for Windows XP. But I didn't think they would remove all the already existing patches. I had to install an older version of Illustrator on that machine, CS2, because the CS3 and CS4 versions wouldn't install without one of the XP service pack updates.

It's easy to understand why Microsoft killed support for XP. They're a business after all, not a charity, and they absolutely are not making any money at all from that 12 year old OS. It's in their interests to convince people to upgrade.

OTOH, I think it's a bad move for them to remove the existing security and bug fix patches for XP from their servers. Some technology experts say millions of people are just going to keep using Win XP based PCs until they finally break and can no longer be repaired. If anyone does a clean install of Windows XP that PC will be permanently reverted back to whatever version of XP was on that disc, security holes, bugs and all. A lot of those non-supported XP boxes could end up being infected zombie PCs, working in bot armies and dragging down Internet performance.

I've seen others suggest Microsoft should "open source" XP. I don't think Microsoft would ever want to do that. Again, they're a business after all.

graphicwarning

I don't understand why Corel would force any subscription based users to install X7.

They don't... if you have a subscription, as long as it's paid... you can continue to use X6. As a matter of fact, I have a subscription, and I chose... not forced, to install X7. Actually, I still have both X6 and X7 running on the same machine, and X6 still works fine (although I am not using it... but it works as it always did).

Corel doesn't force anyone to upgrade if they are in the subscription model, but the newest version is there if you want to download and install it.

graphicwarning

And by the way... I had a look this morning, and for anyone else that might view this thread and have the same setup (X7/Cut Studio)... you can copy the previous versions .gms file into X7, and change the very first line of the macro from "If (CorelScript.GetObjectCount() = 0) Then" to "If Application.ActiveSelectionRange.Count = 0 Then" and the plug-in works fine.

jimmmi

I have Corel subscription and it made me update to X7 and I tried installing the plug-in and it doesn't work...this is a nightmare

Just export your selected items for cutting to "eps" or "ai" and then import them to CutStudio.
Just seconds of delay
As a temporary solution until they release a compatible version.
I use this solution right now

cbjamel

Corel draw X7 macros

And by the way... I had a look this morning, and for anyone else that might view this thread and have the same setup (X7/Cut Studio)... you can copy the previous versions .gms file into X7, and change the very first line of the macro from "If (CorelScript.GetObjectCount() = 0) Then" to "If Application.ActiveSelectionRange.Count = 0 Then" and the plug-in works fine.

It keeps saying I cant save this. How do I edit and then save the corrected gms file?
Thanks,
Shane