• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Cut vinyl for floors

bigben

Is there any cut vinyl that is ''rated'' for floors? I've got a customer that want dark grey lines on his floor. If there is no such products, what alternative would you recommend? Paint is not an option.

Thanks.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I don't think (not 100% certain) any of the vinyls for plotter cutting are going to hold up to traffic without laminating them- which will lead the customer to expect you to replace them for free when they fail.
With a laminate made for that application, though, I'd think just about any high performance vinyl would work if properly applied.

ikarasu

Product Catalogue: 3M™ 3645 Floor Overlaminate

This is what we use. Just used it on some 180, in a very high traffic 10-20,000 people per day area. It's been up a few months, and no signs of peeling yet. We've used it in the past... but I haven't been back to where we applied it, been a few years and we haven't had to re-do it, so I'm presuming it's still good.

I'd say go with a high-tac vinyl, then overlam it, and it probably wont go anywhere. If they're a warehouse, and you have forklifts / pallet jacks riding into it a lot, Not too sure how well it'd hold up... Ask your rep for a sample, put it down and let it sit a few days / week, see how it's doing.

Signs 'n' Stuff

What type of floor surface?
On concrete I have sealed the surface with a good quality paving sealer, I used Feast Watson here in Aus. Then apply a quality cut vinyl, i have done it with both 7725 and Avery 900. Then reseal with 2 coats of the same sealer. I have used this in an area that has vehicles and trolleys.

ams

They make special vinyl for floors, make sure it's anti-slip. To my knowledge, they don't make a cut vinyl for it, so just get the printable one and print the gray.

Billct2

You might try searching for Warehouse/Safety striping suppliers. Just not sure they'll have the color you want. Other than that using a gray vinyl with the correct ant slip laminate would work best.