• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour appears centered in Ai but not in Rolland VW

ok......................on the left hand side, the tool bar at the bottom has 2 boxes for your colors. the right hand side one, the one nearest you is the stroke/bleed. press on that and on the top tool bar you will be able to adjust the width.

Zazzess

ok......................on the left hand side, the tool bar at the bottom has 2 boxes for your colors. the right hand side one, the one nearest you is the stroke/bleed. press on that and on the top tool bar you will be able to adjust the width.

Ok tks a look there..

Zazzess

on my right I play a lot with the tools so not sure it is like yours... ?
looking for the stroke/bleed...

you can adjust it to whatever you think looks right. for example an easy way to do a bleed with cutline is this.......take your star, then press on the outline on the edge, use that as your cutline. then, you can use an offset path for your stroke, or use the tool i told you about in the above post. you'll get it!

if you click onto the boxes with colors in, one of them is the stroke box. when you click on the stroke box, the stroke tool comes up on the top of the screen, there you can adjust the width.

Zazzess

if you click onto the boxes with colors in, one of them is the stroke box. when you click on the stroke box, the stroke tool comes up on the top of the screen, there you can adjust the width.

I don't seem to understand... what I understand is that you are telling me how to ajust a srtoke when I thought we were talking about the bleed...
Here are pics of what I think you are talking me about...
(sry about that)

Attachments

• Stroke-01.jpg
    Stroke-01.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 46
  • StrokeBox-01.jpg
    StrokeBox-01.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 57
for example, if you have a box. make a box shape and copy it. now put a stroke on the origanal box so you have your bleed. then put the copied box over that and use that as your cutline.
or you can create a box for example, go into object, path, offset path and adjust there.

Zazzess

I took my star and copied front it and took the new one as CC and add a stroke the original one :) That is what I did :)

J Hill Designs

bleed in this instance is just color printing outside of your cutline so that when you cut registration doesnt have to be perfect

there are a few ways of doing a bleed. its whats easiest for you. sometimes just quicky coping and pasting something is real simple and takes 2 seconds. or if you have a more complex shape the off set path way is better.

Zazzess

Thanks guys :) Sorry for making you explain a lot :)
I'm still not a perfect translator ...
I really appreciate your help :)