• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cute sign description.....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How many of you have ever heard of this terminology ??

Customer calling in........
I have an order to place and I'll read you the specs on it.

First I need 28 signs 24" x 30" .080 baked aluminum with reflectorated vinyl and waterproof with a red outline.
Then, I need 16 pieces 8" x 8" of .080 baked aluminum with refectorated vinyl with numbers 1 through 16.... and they need to be waterproof as well and the red outline.
Last, I need 28 - 30" x 30" reflectorated stop signs on that .080 aluminum which are also waterproof and the red outline.

Can you help me ??

Yes we can.......... I think. For starters, what is reflectorated vinyl ??
I don't know, you're the sign guy, you should know this stuff.
Well, I think you mean reflective vinyl.... something which will reflect light when moving lights hit it. Then we'll screen print solid ink or print over the top with your copy/messages. As for waterproof.... are these signs going in a lake or boating area that they need to be waterproof ?? Are they gonna be submerged or something ??

No, they're going at the York Regional Airport along the runways.

Oh, I get it..... they have a shortage of runway people and no tower control communications, so they need 'STOP' signs to figure who takes off next.

Can you help me or not ??

Yeah, we can fix ya up. I'll get a quote over to you and we'll go from there.

Got a call a few minutes ago and it went like this......

Thank you for the quote. Everything looks in order and the prices seem fine. We'll be sending a deposit out Monday morning, but could you use the refectorated vinyl as is speced out on our sheet ??

:doh: :ROFLMAO: Sure, I'll re-write that part to say 'REFLECTORATED'

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You need to check the transportation standards guideline book for ports, airports and railways to see if they use the term reflectorated. If not, beat him with it, it's a massive document, I'm sure it would knock some sense into him.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Google search results...

Your search - +reflectorated +vinyl - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

Google search results...

+reflective +vinyl

About 1,700,000 results (0.37 seconds)

Techman

They use some super reflective stuff around those airport ramps. I mean its the most powerful reflective I ever saw. And it is very high priced stuff as well. Maybe you should check into it.