• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutter fell off and got caught under head

Kyle Blue

Warning: this is not a pretty picture!

Attachments

• print-head-ruined.jpg
    print-head-ruined.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 92

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ouch! You just might be lucky though - the actual rows of nozzles on the head to not go all the way to the edge. That scratch migh be just past them or - looks to be right at the edge of the actual nozzles anyways. If you take the entire head loose you can straighten out that metal ring around the head. It's pretty much a ground plate is all. The scratch is nasty though - even if it is beyond the nozzles the the bottom plate of the head got flexed too much it might be ruined regardless.

Kyle Blue

Oh it was ruined. This happened last week, we already had to replace the head. I've been busy and forgot to post this. I remembered this morning so I thought I'd throw it up on here as a warning to all. CHECK you cutter and make sure it's on tight...

Otherwise this could happen to you! (insert evil laugh here)

Kyle Blue

It was a Mimaki JV33-160. I'm not positive what happened because I didn't see it happen. All I know is I heard a horrible sound, I went in to check the printer and the cutter has sitting in the area where the head sits when you turn off the printer, the blade looked like it tried to cut though concrete, the screw that holds it on was on the floor and the head was... was... (sniff, sniff) Just look at the photo.