• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutter issue

well33t

I have a Roland SC540 and my cutter is giving me headache. No matter how I setup the offset/force or speed it does the same thing. It doesnt connect all the edge cut. I have change the blade holder and the blade is new as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-11-23-12.34.26.jpg
    2015-11-23-12.34.26.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 129

Ragnabrok

Does it do these to all the shapes, or just some? How does the cutter strip look? (the grey plastic strip the knife runs against)

It looks like the blade loses power and jumps back up. If you cut something like 50" x 1" wide rectangles, does it skip parts? If so likely the cut carriage cable has some fatigue cracks in it.

well33t

cutting strip is new as well... it mostly does it in the middle of the printer. There's a clicking sound when the feed goes back and forth quickly.

Ragnabrok

Nothing i can think of would cause a clicking without also causing motor errors (missing gear teeth, shot motor), not sure on that one.

But looking at that cut i'd still lean towards the cut solenoid losing power. Watching the knife holder while it is printing, you can see if the knife "bobs" while it's printing, you may also hear the clunk if the power cuts breifly.

well33t

not really sure what to look :S do you have reference picture please it would be very appreciated