Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutter registration issues

Discussion in 'Roland' started by southernink, Mar 11, 2019.

1. southernink

southernink New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Arab, AL
    I have a Roland Sp 540 V and I'm having issues with the cutter keeping registration whether it be regular cut vinyl or printed vinyl with registration marks. I know that the vinyl is tracking straight through the pinch rollers, so that's not the issue. Attached are some pictures of what I'm talking about. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 20190311_150154.jpg 20190311_150213.jpg

Tags:
  2. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    Holding up the material as it feeds in and out can help alleviate some of these issues. It's not ideal, but it works (mostly).

3. southernink

southernink New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Arab, AL
    I just cut the same file on our Roland Camm 1 Pro and it came out perfect.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I also have a SP540V and it has trouble with repeating accurate cuts. Solved all my cutting issues when I bought my Summa.

• Like Like x 1
  5. southernink

southernink New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Arab, AL
    Ok, so, I have replaced the cutting carriage board and the cutter carriage flex cable. Now it won't detect registration/crop marks. Is there something I have to do in the service menu for the machine to recognize the new parts? I'm at a loss.

6. Make sure you re-connected the 3 connections on the cut carriage board, one of the connections is for the crop sensor.

Just my .02

• Like Like x 1
  7. southernink

southernink New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Arab, AL
    Double checked the 3 connections and still not working, except in service mode. When in service mode, it works just fine, although the cut registration is still off.

8. southernink

southernink New Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Arab, AL
    Did an environment match and finally it's working. Thank you all for the input!