• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter registration issues

southernink

I have a Roland Sp 540 V and I'm having issues with the cutter keeping registration whether it be regular cut vinyl or printed vinyl with registration marks. I know that the vinyl is tracking straight through the pinch rollers, so that's not the issue. Attached are some pictures of what I'm talking about. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 20190311_150154.jpg 20190311_150213.jpg

southernink

Ok, so, I have replaced the cutting carriage board and the cutter carriage flex cable. Now it won't detect registration/crop marks. Is there something I have to do in the service menu for the machine to recognize the new parts? I'm at a loss.

southernink

Make sure you re-connected the 3 connections on the cut carriage board, one of the connections is for the crop sensor.

Just my .02
Double checked the 3 connections and still not working, except in service mode. When in service mode, it works just fine, although the cut registration is still off.