• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting 14" coro circles

pixel_pusher

We have done circular coro signs a few at a time, and it's never easy. What we've been using is a modified OLFA wind slitter, with the blade section attached to a rectangular piece of styrene, and a screw to place in the center of the cut. This is reasonably passable when we have a few circles to cut, but we have an order for 65 of them now. Is there a tool I can buy to cut larger circles in coro? Would having a die made be a good option? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Locals Find!

I would call Mike over at supersigns.biz he is a merchant member here. He can cut those blanks out for you at a reasonable cost. Save yourself all the hassle for small orders like that.

Kottwitz-Graphics

We have done circular coro signs a few at a time, and it's never easy. What we've been using is a modified OLFA wind slitter, with the blade section attached to a rectangular piece of styrene, and a screw to place in the center of the cut. This is reasonably passable when we have a few circles to cut, but we have an order for 65 of them now. Is there a tool I can buy to cut larger circles in coro? Would having a die made be a good option? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

know anyone with a router? I'd throw them up on mine and knock them out in about 15 min.

petepaz

we die cut ours but we also make steel rule dies and have 2 die cutters.
die cutting is quick and easy if the quantity allows for the added cost of a die
(14" circle shouldn't cost more than $50-75 plus the charge to cut the blanks)