• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting backs of decals for easy peeling

JoeBoomer

Macgruber!

Before we purchased a "Slitter", we would mount a razor blade onto a block of wood at a 45º angle with only the tip exposed as to prevent from cutting through. That little slitter block made us over $500k from that client. It now hangs in our hall-of-fame/shame.

VicoDrive

Before we purchased a "Slitter", we would mount a razor blade onto a block of wood at a 45º angle with only the tip exposed as to prevent from cutting through. That little slitter block made us over $500k from that client. It now hangs in our hall-of-fame/shame.

lol, I was considering doing something like that if it came down to it. Just wanted to see if there was an "official" way or tool for doing it. I really couldnt imagine the vinyl was coming pre-scored. The tab idea worked pretty well though, will probably be using that for now on. Just never did full perf cutouts with my machine before, never really knew it was possible till recently. Have a feeling its going to wear out my blades pretty quick though

darkorical

I have always wondered about simply turning the paper over after cutting the decals and letting the plotter cut through the backer just like it did the front. But have never tried it. Has anyone else?

JP4

After reading this thread I purchased a OLFA top sheet cutter. I was kinda skeptical....but it seems to work pretty well. Would be nice to have a machine to cut faster and more accurate though.