• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting directly from Corel

Capt Ike

So here's my setup/dilemma. I have two cutters connected to the same machine. I have a CX-24 connected via parallel and a GX-24 connected via USB. I'm using a Windows 98 machine (yes, I know. It's a redundant machine for embroidery) with Corel 9. I can cut directly to the CX from Corel with a Drawmate plugin, but I'm forced to use Roland Cut Studio (which I despise) to be able to cut to the GX. From what I've read elsewhere there is a CutStudio plugin for Corel, but it only works with 10 and above. So, short of replacing the computer which I sure will be the first suggestion, is there an alternative to my current configuration that will accomplish my needs? Thanks for the help.

joezeppii

Check out co-cut
I have an old computer with Corel 8 and a summa 24" cutter that I only use to cut heat seal names. I cut directly out of Corel using the co-cut add on

blackicefx

SignTools3 is a plug in that will allow you to cut directly from Corel. I know for a fact that it works on pre-10 as I used it on Corel9.

It's something like $299-399 but it's worth it to cut directly from your software instead of spending $2-3k for a standalone program with the headache of a security dongle.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

Joe Diaz

We used to be able to cut directly from corel to our old graphtec in XP. When we updated to vista, graphtec no longer made drivers for the model we had, so we got co-cut and that does the trick.

I don't understand why you can't update your version of Corel or even your OS without replacing a computer. And if the computer itself can't handle newer software, perhaps you should bite the bullet and upgrade. You have to keep up-to-date these days. The longer you wait, the harder it is when you are forced to upgrade after your older system bites the dust or you can no longer find support. Beside, I'm sure you will find other benefits when you upgrade to a newer Corel and from Windows 98.:thumb:

OldPaint

you needa AB SWITCH, connected to the LPT-1 printer port, then from AB SWITCH connect BOTH PLOTTERS.
and you can cut to either one simply by turning switch from A to B.
windows 98, and USB........ not sure how well that works.
i have an HP K850, and a ENCAD 736, both running off my LPT-1. got an AB SWITCH .........works wonderful.

Capt Ike

No, I'm certainly with everyone on the 98 thing. The other computers in the shop are running XP and Corel x3, this just happens to be the backup to the embroidery program that won't run in anything but 98 (another long story).

I like the A/B switch idea, however the GX-24 only has serial and USB...not LPT. It's sounding like CoCut is probably the option. Thank you all for your opinions. They help a great deal.

Matt-Tastic

if there is a usb driver, it'll output HP-GL through a windows printer port. it may take some tweaking, but you can just use file>print to send the data through the windows printer driver.

it works on graphtec plotters and all the versions of windows i've used, but i don't knwo if you have a windows printer installed that operates your plotter.