• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting from Corel Draw 12 with Cutting master2

hiway

Hello,
I am in the process of trying to speed up the production in the sign shop and have run into a little trouble. I just got into my current position at my job and was kind of surprised to see how in-efficiently the sign room is cutting the vinyl. They were using Corel Draw 10 and copy/pasting into an ancient copy of SignLab Shortcut. This only allows them to send one item at a time without the benifit of multiple copies or wheed borders. I used to work with Flexisign 8 at my last job but getting the budget approved for software is tricky. I see that the interface of Cutting Master2 is made by Scanvec and is essentially the same as in Flexi-Sign. My problem is such: I have upgraded the computers to Corel Draw 12 and installed the Cutting Master2 plug-in. I can access the interface from Corel just fine. When it come time to send I get a "cannot open port" error and at one point I got a "instruction not recognized". If I dont get that error it says "cutting" and doesnt do anything. I can't get a poll size indicating it isnt communicating. I am connected Via a Graphtec cable to the cutter for one machine and a USB connection on the other. I intend to get rid of the USB and connect Directly Via a Graphtec RS232. I can't get either to Poll or cut. I have them both in GPGL mode and the ports are testing just fine (our Graphtec FC4100-130 has been cutting just fine using the RS232 for years using the SLOW software that is I think 10 years old). Is there a possible conflict with the dirvers that are already installed? I am really not sure why it wont communicate. Graphtec service is still notoriously slow with replies to my inquiries and they are consisting of one sentence answers generally about putting it in GPGL mode which it is already in. Thanks in advance for any insight you may have.
Luke

Last edited:

Techman

get cocut pro,, all problems gone..

However sounds like a port challenge. check your port settings.

check the cable to be sure it is the correct cable..

hiway

Thanks,
I'll try it. I am more of a graphics guy than an IT guy. The cable came from Graphtec so I hope its the correct one. Could the error be a parallel/printer port issue? It takes an RS232 db25 male to male to connect it.

hiway

Hello,
Some further insight.... I've gotten the FC7000 to cut using the USB Cable/setup in GPGL mode. What a relief. Now I just have to get the FC4100 to cut....

signage

Hiway to cut directly from Corel you must install the windows driver for the plotter and configure it through windows! Most likely will also have to run in HPGL!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hiway to cut directly from Corel you must install the windows driver for the plotter and configure it through windows! Most likely will also have to run in HPGL!

Wrong. Cutting Master works exclusively in GPGL.

OldPaint

i have been cutting from COREL SINCE 1992. and i had to find my own way to this.
1. corel doesnt work on serial connection
2. connect plotter as if it was a printer, treat it as such.
3. dont know about drivers for MASTER or any othe machine then ROLAND.....which is all i have ever had, and dont use ANY OTHER PROGRAM TO PRODUCE WORK.
4. if your connecting USB, connect plotter using the PRINTER PORT not comm port.

hiway

Hello,
I have the FC7000-130 cutting just fine now through the cutting master plugin. I think that existing drivers conflict with the cutting master program's communication. There is an old FC4100 that is used non-stop as well that I need to get working better. I think its just a matter of house cleaning to get it to run. They need to be in GPGL mode because cutting master is running them instead of the computer. Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it.