• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting from Corel X3

Greece740IL

Hi- I am wondering how I can cut directly from Corel X3? I was using X3 and Flexi starter v7 but have lost my USB dongle key during a recent office move. It seems that I will need to purchase the new version of Flexi 8 to be able to cut again, but don't really do that much with the cutter so don't want to make that purchase.

Is there a way to cut directly from X3 to a Master cutter? I thought I had heard or read somewhere once that there is an additional software program that can be purchased to do this.

Thanks a million for the help!

OldPaint

cutting from corel is simple..A CAVEMAN LIKE ME has been doing it since 1993!!!! i have ROLAND PLOTTER...depending on what you have as a plotter....you might be able to also.

BoogerB

cutting from corel is simple..A CAVEMAN LIKE ME has been doing it since 1993!!!! i have ROLAND PLOTTER...depending on what you have as a plotter....you might be able to also.
Well, how do you do it then?

I use CoCut and have the ability to use the Cut server via Onyx Postershop. I'd be interested in doing it with no extra programs just for fun though.

3CGraphics

you assign a hairline outline, no fills, and then print it - you have to have printer drivers which most cutters have - I use a roland cutter - it is listed as an available printer - select it - set up your media size and it cuts

Jackpine

Flexi Starter Desay Edition, eBay $119.00 (like what came with your cutter). You may think about getting a cut design/program or a good bridge like CoCut.

dclet

You can cut directly - but your cutter must be - hpgl or hp-gl/2 compatible....most are...check your lit.

Higher end cutters sometimes use their own version of hpgl - but most can be set to for standard hpgl output either from the control
panel on the plotter or dip switch somewhere.

pm me if you want more info... :)

OldPaint

if you have WIN98/ME/XP/WIN2000 you need a driver do29270j.exe if you catn find i will email it to ya.
i have roland plotter.
they have LPT port. i know this works cant say for comm/usb connection.
load driver, select your plotter from the driver list, it will appear in you printers. figure out your plotter XY AXIS (how the info get set on the page)
you need to set a page in corel.....to mirror your plotters max higth and it will set length, but you can make reset it towhat you want up to 150 FEET LONG(corels limit)once you set this up if you set as default you dont ever need to do it again. do you design on that page, set it on the page where you want it cut on the roll, BUT BEFORE YOU SAY PRINT make sure you have
SELECTION marked or corel OR IT will run complete size of page....LENGHT!!!!! make sure you have a HAIRLINE on selected object....otherwise plotter wont regognize object.
hit print preview, you will see where object is set on cut page, if it where you want it hit print....wala...
caveman does it again.
i can also panel cuts in corel.....