• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting order???

THE PROBLEM: For some reason my cutter likes to go in a spiral, it will do the outside two rows of parts on the sheet and go around "spiraling" into the center. Now by the time it gets to the center its overlapping parts and wasting material. I re did my design on the page but you can fit a lot more on the original layout.

Now i don't know if they make a program that can make it do a correct cut order or not, but i did go into scanners and printers in my computer and i did hit the sort button or whatever your supposed to hit that makes it cut better, it didn't help.

I plot form Corel Draw X4, but i also have AutoCAD if you would like to see both layouts. E mail me or hit me up on here if you would like to see the layouts =]

Mosh

If I remember right cutting from corel will cut the paths that are to back first and move up in the layers. Using the wireframe screen move stuff you want to cut first to the back and stuff you want cut last to the front. The plotter is going to cut what the wireframe looks like. It may be the opposite, but it cuts the either front or the back first then moves through the layers in order. I know in signlab when we do something with alot of cutting we arrange it so it all cuts from left to right using this method.

Mosh

Simple solution, get a cutting program like signlab or flexi. These add on programs that cut out of corel are ok for simple stuff, but production work you need a REAL cutting program. Corel is just not designed to do vinyl cutting or it would be right there with no add on's needed to cut.

Compilla

THE PROBLEM: For some reason my cutter likes to go in a spiral, it will do the outside two rows of parts on the sheet and go around "spiraling" into the center. Now by the time it gets to the center its overlapping parts and wasting material. I re did my design on the page but you can fit a lot more on the original layout.
]

Why type of cutter you got?

nopalito24

Change the Optimize cutting order option to Restrict media movement. this will
decrease the movements of the head while cutting, you'll find this setting in the advance tab of CM2.

Now, if your cutting vinyl and say your jobs are less then 5ft. you should not be having a tracking issue due to this(unless you have increased the speed to 100 and are using some cheap chinese vinyl) if you are then it has to be other things. for example your FC8000 has pressure levers on the back of each of your push rollers(black arms that hold your media down), make sure that these are all the way down(more pressure) if you have for example the left roller w/ the lever up(weak), and the left roller w/ the lever down(strong) of course your materila is going to track to the left and depending on your length is going to come off the rollers completely.

nopalito24

correction: if your left roller lever is down(strong) and righ roller lever up(weak)then your material will track to the left or where ever you have the stronges setting.

Sorry about that.:wine-smi:

ProWraps

download cutting master 2 from the graphtec website. it allows you to optimize your cutting order. roller positions should be down on the outside two rollers, and up on the middle roller.