• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting order???

THE PROBLEM: For some reason my cutter likes to go in a spiral, it will do the outside two rows of parts on the sheet and go around "spiraling" into the center. Now by the time it gets to the center its overlapping parts and wasting material. I re did my design on the page but you can fit a lot more on the original layout.

Now i don't know if they make a program that can make it do a correct cut order or not, but i did go into scanners and printers in my computer and i did hit the sort button or whatever your supposed to hit that makes it cut better, it didn't help.

I plot form Corel Draw X4, but i also have AutoCAD if you would like to see both layouts. E mail me or hit me up on here if you would like to see the layouts =]

Attachments

• PROBLEM.pdf
    190.6 KB · Views: 109

jemmyell

Hi,

I have a cutting optimization plugin for CorelDRAW in the works. Send me a message with the contact form on my website if you would like to try a preview. It has both sequence optimization and true shape nesting (through MyNesting.com). The sequence optimization part is probably what you need.

My website is http://www.coreldrawtools.com

-James Leonard

Jim Doggett

Get a cuting program like flexi or signlab.....

Yep; that helps. It sorts vectors for the most effecient cutting-head movement. This speeds cutting and reduces equipment-wear.

CorelDRAW sorts vectors in the order they're created. While designing, that's handy; you can tab through the objects to select them individually. But it's a pain when cutting, with all the moving around. CoCut, a CorelDRAW cutting plug-in, sorts the vectors, I think.

Or you could not worry, since most have cutters that are fast enough that some extra time is not really a cost-center. So spending to solve the problem is a questionable investment, IMO.

My $0.02,

Jim