• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problem

grinder

I have an SP540V and it won't contour cut correctly. On rectangle and square labels it cuts both sides and the top but not the bottom. On irregular shapes and circles it's OK. Everything was OK on Friday, come in today after the weekend and this happens. Any ideas?

AF

I use different equipment than you, but that exact issue can happen if the design is laid out in AI but the art board is smaller than the part. Everything outside the artboard does not get cut, even if it is just 1 pixel off.

Techman

anything outside the art board will not cut, in any software,, corel, aspire, illy... whatever,,

Assuming that you are using the Roland RIP Versaworks:

In the Queue A/B Settings screen > File Format Tab, change the EPS margin to a value that is > 0. The RIP will clip cuts on EPS files on one or more sides if this value is set to 0.

grinder

Assuming that you are using the Roland RIP Versaworks:

In the Queue A/B Settings screen > File Format Tab, change the EPS margin to a value that is > 0. The RIP will clip cuts on EPS files on one or more sides if this value is set to 0.

Thank you. The settings are already set at 0

The issue is caused by rounding error when the RIP processes the EPS file. As the file's resolution is 1016 units to the inch, either .02 or .04 / inch is orders of magnitude larger than the addressable resolution, and should work equally well.

DEXRON12

Same Problem (SP540V)

I have the same problem but I am not able to adjust the margin. It's not highlighted therefor nothing happens when I try adjusting.
What am I missing?