• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting software for Corel X3

I have Corel X3, can anyone recommend a direct cutting program that I can use with Corel? I found Sign Tools 3 by GRS and I have also seen CoCut. Has anyone used them and is this what I need? I have a Summa and a US Cutter.

Thanks
Lisa

Mosh

SignLab! Get a cutting progam. I know people use Corel to cut, but that is like riding a mo-ped to a bike rally......you still get there but......

Si Allen

You could PM Old Paint and have him teach you how to cut directly out of Corel ... without a bridge program! He is the "El Maestro" an that!

ChiknNutz

I'm a fan of CoCut Pro...have been using it for several years now. Works with Corel, Illustrator, AutoCAD and Freehand. Very simple, but also has some really neat features such as welding, rounding corners, weed lines, etc.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have a Summa and a US Cutter.

Thanks
Lisa

Summa has a program that you can download from their site that is designed to run straight from Corel.

After installing, there is an icon you place in a tool bar that looks like a plotter blade.

It opens win plot, and from there, you can send to the summa plotter.

As far as sign tools, I have that as well, but I don't use it to cut...but I have used CoCut in the past, and I like it better than Win Plot, for the fact that it has a weed box, and you can add weed lines easier. Other wise, I just drop a line in corel between the copy I want the weed lines on. Win Plot does have the option for a weed box.

I guess I left a part out. My Summa is connected to a old, old, old, computer. Running Windows 98 - ScanVec Inspire. Now once you all stop laughing. I recently bought a vinyl and screen printing business, the old stuff came with that. I am using a laptop that has my corel x3 on it. I tried loading the Summa to my laptop today and it wouldnt work.
I do have SignPro and found out today that I have a direct cut option on my corel for that. Went fairly well until my US Cutter froze up. So now I have removed the vinyl roll, thrown it across the room and I am going to go drink!
:wine-smi:

Lisa

not sure why winplot is not working for you, you may just need to find a correct version for the age of your computer and equipment. you used to be able to download a fully functioning trial of co-cut for 30days and i am pretty certain it is still available. regardless it is probably your cheapest solution if you are not interested in winplot.

dwt

I'm not sure about Old Paint but for myself, and my roland, I ad a hairline outline to whatever shape> hit print>select cutter>print preview>and start cuttin'.

Techman

i think cocut is just about the best one.

Ive used them all and always went back to cocut simply because it does so much..

OldPaint

corel & roland.........work great. ive had rolands since 1992, PNC-1000, PNC-1100(2) and now have a CX-300!!!!! and with all the cutting i have done in those years, i saw a need for SIGNLAB/FLEXI or any other program of that type maybe 3 times..........and that for some drop shadows in true perspective that i just couldnt get corel to do.
i have cut up to 20 foot graphics outa corel and it will handle designs up to 150 FEET X 150 FEET!!!!!! can do cut thru shadows, or almost any thing you would need a sign program to do.
go to www.rolanddga.com download d02927oj.exe file. install it, find the roland you have, it will set up a cut page, create the same size page in corel, hairline andthing you wish to cut..........and your done.
no dongles, can install it on multiple machines and it just works!!!!

mario

mine are the pnc-960 roland, quite a few years ago, i use signmate elite to cut but prefer if i can cut directly from corel, do they work with corel x4 and just a driver from roland to cut. or do I need a plug in like signcut or cocut?

Jackpine

Check out H&H Supply or Ciber Supply for a cutting program. H&H sells Signlab Vinyl (not a bridge but the entire program with all the features) for one computer for $500. Ciber Supply sell Cibercut a full feature program that acts a lot like Corel. Both worth the money.