• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting strip replacement

Moundshroue

We have a fc7000mk2-1300 and I'd like to replace the plastic strip that sits down in the groove on the cutting surface. Anybody know the best way to do that? I'm not looking for the thin piece of tape that sometimes goes over the top of it, but the black plastic piece that looks like it either snaps in or slides out of the metal surface.

Seems like a reasonable thing to want to replace easily, but am not finding any info on it either online or in any of the Graphtec manuals.

Thanks!

Techman

If you cannot get one form your supplier..
you can use 1/16 hdpe. order a roll of it from McMaster carr for about 20 bux.
It is held in with a two sided tape. You get your roll and cut off a 1/4 wide strip. you can about 130 strips from it. A 24" cutter does not use the entire 24" area so you can get a 24" wide piece and all will be fine.

In fact there is a 31" wide piece on ebay righ tnow.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Black-HDP...037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2314908d4d

CS-SignSupply-TT

HEY from HOTlanta!

We have a fc7000mk2-1300 and I'd like to replace the plastic strip that sits down in the groove on the cutting surface. Anybody know the best way to do that? I'm not looking for the thin piece of tape that sometimes goes over the top of it, but the black plastic piece that looks like it either snaps in or slides out of the metal surface.

Seems like a reasonable thing to want to replace easily, but am not finding any info on it either online or in any of the Graphtec manuals.

Thanks!

The replacement process is quite simple. We have the FC7000mk2-130 strip for $42.50. Please let me know how we may help. :Welcome:

thmooch

Not sure about yours, but I gently removed the Cutting Strip on my Graphtec, then rotated it and put it back down. My cutter does not cut directly in the center of the strip, so the other side was like new.

J

john1

Used magnetic scrap I had on my cutter and its working great :)

Flame

It's basically like a decal. You can get them from most graphtec suppliers (they RARELY list them for sale, but they can all get them very easily), or I use some 12mil hardened laminate in a pinch and just cut it to the same size, stuck it down, and it worked! Cyber sounds like he has them in stock so I'd just hit him up and get one coming.