• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting weird :rolleyes:

Jasmin

Founder
Hey there! Our cutter all of a sudden is doing this where it skips parts or cuts off (see photo). Nothing has been changed to the cut file and we use Flexi RIP And use barcodes on our sheets
(Hp latex print cut combo for reference)

Anyone know what could be the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_9400-2.jpg
    IMG_9400-2.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 165

JBurton

Signtologist
Worn out pinch rollers or a cut in the teflon strip will cause inconsistencies like this, also blade being dull, loose, or just not set right. I'd check that teflon strip the blade sits above, I'll bet you have a split right where the blade would hit it. They're something like $20 I think.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
You don't mention what kind of plotter you're using, but most of them have multiple settings to accommodate different types of blades with different force, speed, offset, etc. Looks to me like someone might have inadvertently changed which one was being used, or changed the offset.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I don't know how many times I've posted this information but it still applies. Anytime a plotter starts cutting weird, skipping, strange corners, misshapen cuts, the very first thing you should do is remove any dust cover from the tool carriage and blow out all of the accumulated dust and crud that accumulates. Pay special attention to the tool up/down mechanism. Lacking an air compressor, a can of compressed air is all you need. When you do this you'll seldom, if ever, actually see anything get blown out. Don't worry overmuch, it's there whether you can see it or not.

This will usually fix the problem. If it doesn't then look at the more arcane solutions offered by others.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Good advice above^ Also, when cuts don't return to the origin properly like that it is also a sign that the offset setting is incorrect. Doublecheck that setting is the proper setting for your specific blade.