Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting With Coreldraw?

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by chiselbit, Jul 27, 2006.

1. chiselbit

chiselbit New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Can I use CorelDraw vX3 to cut with a Graphtech FC7000-75?

I'm getting tired og using Flexisign V8. I have most of my designs in coreldraw. When I port it to *.AI or *.EPS and import it to Flexi ... I have to remove 50% of the points of the ojects. Then some of the times I double cut my vinyl. Havent figured this out yet.
    Then when I draw lines or twike shapes with the Point Tool trying to adjust the shappes ... thats a job and half! With Coreidraw, its very simple, u have basically use the click methode ... point and click or double click ... no need to keep pulling down the point tool menu to control the points.

Doug

Tags:
  2. 3CGraphics

3CGraphics Member

May 23, 2004
    ATL Area
    you can to roland so probably - best bet is to try it - see if graphtec has any support/drivers if it doesn't show up in corel - my roland custs right out of corel and AI

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Chisel try contacting Graphtec they have a program that comes with their smaller cutter (CM23000MK2) might work. You should be able to cut using HPGL language and driver for plotter.

4. BrookeWall

BrookeWall New Member

May 8, 2006
    I have had the same issue, mainly if there is text involved in the cdr file, then export it to .ai and open, the text will often be sliced and I have to go back and weld. However, I have found that if I simply copy in corel and then paste into flexi, then things are just fine. It takes less time than exporting anyway ;)

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    get cocut pro,, u will never again have to export anything,, plus all the nice extra tools it has make it so much fun..

6. pmoney

pmoney New Member

May 3, 2006
    You can use the new plug-in from Graphtec to cut from X3 to the FC7000. You must download it from their ftp site. To get the site and password just give them a call.

7. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    just called them for the info....

downloading now.... :)