• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Damn that fly is back

fmg

The shop fly is back and it looks like it has gained about 2 pounds since last year, still cant swat the culprit.
:frustrated:

anotherdog

I spotted the same fly over the weekend.
at least this one is clever enough to avoid the vinyl. The flies in the chinese vinyl factory take turns thowing themselves onto the vinyl as it is being rolled.

C

ColoPrinthead

I spotted the same fly over the weekend.
at least this one is clever enough to avoid the vinyl. The flies in the chinese vinyl factory take turns thowing themselves onto the vinyl as it is being rolled.
:Big Laugh I've started a collection of factory bugs, we keep them pinned inside our interns cubicle.

tsgstl

we keep our alcohol in a cheap spray bottle. Adjust that badboy to stream and hold a lighter in front of it. You can flamethrow that fly from 5' away

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I now use one of those electronic flyswatters that looks like a tennis racquet. They work awesomely well.

In most cases, I only have to hold it up in the vicinity of the fly...and he hits it head-on with an ever so pleasing "snap" of electricity.

JB

James Burke

Attachments

• 58150.jpg
    58150.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 61

ProWraps

yeah that thing is pretty gangster. i used to blow them appart with my paintball gun. but to hear the ZAP! just gives you that sense of accomplishment!

James Burke

Jim Burke here is the same thing at a much better price!

Take a close look...it's not the same thing. The one I showed only has one layer of wires. The offending fly only has to touch two adjacent wires and he's zapped.

The one in your link is comprised of three layers of wires. The fly needs to go in between one outer layer and the center layer of wires to make contact and get zapped. It takes a little more effort with that one...I know, because I used to have one like it.

I found the one in my earlier post at Meijer for $8.99. I bought an extra one for me, and one for my dad and one for my brother. Ever since I can remember, dad has always hated flies and somehow he bestowed that hatred to us.

Believe me, you'll never have more fun killing flies and assorted offending insects. And just in case you need a little inspiration, watch one in action...they also make an excellent party game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61faXSh2ySc

JB

S'N'S

we keep our alcohol in a cheap spray bottle. Adjust that badboy to stream and hold a lighter in front of it. You can flamethrow that fly from 5' away

I can see fmg's next post.....How I burnt my shop down to kill a fly.