• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Damn, the gecko is good after all!

Marlene

Same here with esurance. We are paying half of what we were for 2 vehicles at Progressive... which kills me cuz' I can't stand Flo!

I can't stand Flo either but we have Progessive. we had to call them when hubby hit a deer and their serive is excellent. we had some issues with the auto body shop doing the job and they paid to have it towed over 50 miles to another shop. they didn't have to do that as the issue was with a part not involved in the crash. we had to use the shift by-pass to get the car in gear and the auto body shop destroyed it and tried to charge us extra to pull the whole console out and then they ruined the button in their too. progressive didn't pay to that damage but they did get the shop to drop all the charges for their mess. I like them and like working with them.

10sacer

Never had issues with USAA. I have my house, cars, life insurance, and business insurance with them. There are things I will gamble with, but for wahtever the difference would be between USAA and any lower rate company - you can't beat how easy it is to work with them. We had hail storms here in NC recently and USAA called me to see if we needed to have our roof looked over. I doubt a lizard or an annoying fat chick would do that.

CanuckSigns

Here in Manitoba car insurance isn't private. MPI (Manitoba public insurance) is actually pretty good to deal with...and you don't have to shop around for rates, since there's only one option. The only time I got screwed is when some crazy b**ch cut me off and slammed on her brakes and I slid into her. Even though she left the scene of the accident (TWICE!) and I had to chase her down and scream at her until she got out of car...I was still at fault since I hit her. She claimed she didn't cut me off and that was all they heard I guess. Either way I made one call, they opened up a claim, sent a tow truck and I was in a rental within an hour, free of charge - thanks to loss of use coverage.

it's crazy here, I'm 27, with a perfectly clean driving record, I still pay $150/month to insure a 2009 Kia rio 5! That's 50% of the car payment!

my wife recently immigrated here from England, for sh*ts and giggles I got a quote for her on a 1991 Honda Civic, $5000 a year because she has no "Canadian Experience"!! Luckily we live close enough to work that we only need 1 car!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marlene

my wife recently immigrated here from England, for sh*ts and giggles I got a quote for her on a 1991 Honda Civic, $5000 a year because she has no "Canadian Experience"!! Luckily we live close enough to work that we only need 1 car!

my hubby immigrated here from Canada, which is 10 miles up the road from me. when we bought our first car together, Gieco gave us a quote for an outrageous amount pretty much because he had no Americn experience. Progessive didn't try to hose us and has been our insurance co every since.

Last edited by a moderator:

elsignshop

i have had Gieco for 6 years and are please with them, i have my 2007 Dodge Magnum, My wife 2005 VW Jetta, My 2005 F-150,and My 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 and i only pay $150 a month for all them. that to me is cheap and they all are full coverage and only a $200 deductable.

OldPaint

Just like Timex ... takes and lickin' and keeps on tickin' :)

Hope I don't get to try this out though on my '94 850 turbo wagon :)

the only reason we traded it was it had 170k on it. we got it with 124k. and the A/C compressor died. only place to get a replacement, was VOLVO, @ $500+ installation, with a rebuilt unit and only a 90 day warranty. to much money for a car that was coming close to 200k, and these models are know to have tranny problems after 150k!!!! 1st front wheel drive we ever owned. loved it, have had VOLVOS from (144)1970, (164e) 74, (164e) 75, (242) 1984. i can say going to a 2002 toyota camry(40k).....was not a better car for ride and handling. now volvo is owned by a Chinese company called GIELLY... guess we will have to go back to VW or MERCEDES.... to get that "European feel" ubder our butt))))))

visual800

it seems (like everything) some companies suck to some people while they rock to others! Insurance compnaies I do know check credit. Credit history may be a quite a large reason some people get shown the love while others get the shaft...shame it has come to that but it seems we all judeged by how financially well we have maintained ourselves

J

john1

Progressive yesterday told me $241 a month, i said yeah Gieco told me $103 lol

showcase 66

Maybe I am wrong, but getting a quote over the phone or online never got me the best rate. Actually going in and talking to a agent has always gotten us a better rate. Plus I always bring up about how there signs are doing and usually get some new work out of them.

Mike F

I'll have to shop around a bit when I renew in a few months, when I got esurance a few years ago they were the cheapest quote I got. I only pay $90 a month for a 98 saturn, wouldn't mind something even cheaper though, every penny counts these days.

showcase 66

Where you live must adjust your price as well.

I'll have to shop around a bit when I renew in a few months, when I got esurance a few years ago they were the cheapest quote I got. I only pay $90 a month for a 98 saturn, wouldn't mind something even cheaper though, every penny counts these days.

I have a 97 Saturn that is $28 month just on liability and if I wanted Full coverage it would be just over $50. This is what I usually drive all the time. 235000 miles and still going. Our 2000 Durango is $49 something a month and the my wife's 2002 Lexus is $42 a month. With State Farm.

smdgrfx

Insurance

As a former insurance adjuster, I can tell you that typically the cheaper the premiums, the worse the claim service....

I have been with Geico for the last 6-7 years because the premiums were the best I could find. Back in September, my Dad was driving my truck and ran into someone. He was found at fault, but Geico told me that my insurance was liable (not his) so I had to make a claim to get my truck fixed. I am up for renewal this next month and just received my new package. My insurance went up $850 per year. When I called, they told me it will be like this for the next few years because I am now "high risk" even though it wasn't me who got in the wreck. Same thing happened to my sister last year. I will be shopping around this next week for sure. And they wouldn't even fix my truck completely. I went round and round with the adjuster, his two bosses, and the body shop. I got the shaft - big time. Not to mention from my own father, who should have claimed this on his insurance to begin with....FML...

And to top it off, my house was burglarized this month.....I can't wait to see how my homeowner's insurance is going to bend me over....

smdgrfx

And just for giggles, since everyone is posting what they pay....

Geico - Six month premiums - all full coverage, with $500 deductible and towing/rental

98 Nissan Frontier - $415
2002 Nissan Pathfinder - $415
2010 Nissan Titan - $1000

This is my new rates which are up $425 for the six months.

Houston (Harris County), Texas - I've heard the county is one of the highest in the nation.

phototec

Bad company

I had State Farm for 25 years, used a local agent, never needed them, they one day I had a water damage claim, they told me to call a water restoration company, so I did, their bill was over $9k to fix everything, the SF adjuster came out to look and offered me a check for $4500, I showed him the estimate from the water restoration company, and he just laughed.

The broken water pipe caused the house to flood and all the drywall soaked up water and left a brown water stain about 12" high, the water restoration company said, you can't just paint the wall 12", it will not match the older discolored paint, have to paint all the walls floor to ceiling.

State Farm adjuster said, "NO way, I'm not going to pay to paint all your walls, only the damaged area", well that was the end of State Farm for me, just think NO claims for 25 years, and then when it came time that I needed them , they were trying to nickle & dime me.

Bad company, will never use them again for anything.

:noway:

Wow I think I am going to cry for how much I pay...

Full coverage, 500 deductible, towing / rental, and road side assistance.
2002 Avalanche & 2004 Corolla - 230/month = 1380/6 months.

oh and I insure with Geico

RobbyMac

Erie insurance. 500 deduct. full coverage for both.
2003 Mazda MPV
2008 Mazda 3
$1692 /yr total (not sure how much for each)
I have homeowners through them which gives some discount.

But my 16 yr old daughter just added $600 a yr when she got her license.
So now we're at almost $2300 (ouch)

hydo1

I had State Farm for 25 years, used a local agent, never needed them, they one day I had a water damage claim, they told me to call a water restoration company, so I did, their bill was over $9k to fix everything, the SF adjuster came out to look and offered me a check for $4500, I showed him the estimate from the water restoration company, and he just laughed.

The broken water pipe caused the house to flood and all the drywall soaked up water and left a brown water stain about 12" high, the water restoration company said, you can't just paint the wall 12", it will not match the older discolored paint, have to paint all the walls floor to ceiling.

State Farm adjuster said, "NO way, I'm not going to pay to paint all your walls, only the damaged area", well that was the end of State Farm for me, just think NO claims for 25 years, and then when it came time that I needed them , they were trying to nickle & dime me.

Bad company, will never use them again for anything.

:noway:

I had the complete opposite experience with State Farm.

We had water damage and paid a company to come out and find the problem and stop it.

Then we called State Farm and they sent a restoration company out to do a bid to repair. The leak originated in the master bathroom closet directly above the kitchen, so we had some water damage to the carpet in the closet and a giant hole in the wall to get to the water pipe. Most of the water damage was to a wall in the kitchen.

The restoration company repaired everything flawlessly. They even repainted the entire kitchen and adjoining living room so everything matched. They repainted the entire bathroom and closet. They replaced the entire linoleum floor in the kitchen. The bill was over 8k and State Farm paid without hesitation and helped us through the entire process. They even sent us a check for our entire deductible 3 years later because they went after the company that made the fault shower valve and got settlement money.

Our premium went up about $150 a year because we were high risk and has been that way for the last 3 years. Hopefully it can be adjusted this year.

Last edited:

SignManiac

I have State Farm for the past 25 years of so.

I'm paying $1076.00 per year for 2004 Ford F150 pick up
I'm paying $610.00 per year for 1991 Ford F350 bucket truck
I'm paying $282.00 per year for 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300

smdgrfx

Good price on the Busa if that is full coverage!!!

My R6 is $127 a year through progressive. Full coverage would be $1600 or so....