• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dang! Canon Rebel XT is not compatble with Windows@#$%7

signmeup

Just got off the phone with Canon service rep. My Canon Rebel XT is "not compatible" with Windows 7. Nice. Canon apparently has no intention of remedying this.

I could see this if it were some old obscure make that they only sold a few of. There must thousands of these things still in use all over the planet.

Sure, I can get images off the camera into the computer but not with any organization. It will no longer make a folder with the date etc. for each batch of photos I take. It's just the same as dragging them off a thumb drive now.

I hate change for the sake of change.

signswi

You must be the only person on the planet that uses the windows photo transfer method.

Use Lightroom or Picasa or whatever. I actually prefer manually removing them so I can categorize more appropriately and archive the RAW files before I bring copies of the RAW files into my production flow.

Or use their trade-in program and get a T2i! Love mine, I think I use it for video as much as I do photos.

signmeup

You must be the only person on the planet that uses the windows photo transfer method.

Use Lightroom or Picasa or whatever. I actually prefer manually removing them so I can categorize more appropriately and archive the RAW files before I bring copies of the RAW files into my production flow.

Or use their trade-in program and get a T2i! Love mine, I think I use it for video as much as I do photos.
I used the Canon software the camera came with. (EOS Utility) It created a dated folder for each batch of RAW photos automatically. Made it easy to find stuff even years later.

buttons

I used the Canon software the camera came with. (EOS Utility) It created a dated folder for each batch of RAW photos automatically. Made it easy to find stuff even years later.

You don't know how to create a new folder and make it's name the date??

VinylLabs.com

import with lightroom. you can even use a tethered capture! (which allows you to have your images displayed on your computer about a second after you take the picture)

signmeup

You don't know how to create a new folder and make it's name the date??
"I used the Canon software the camera came with. (EOS Utility) It created a dated folder for each batch of RAW photos automatically. Made it easy to find stuff even years later."

You don't know how to read??

signmeup

import with lightroom. you can even use a tethered capture! (which allows you to have your images displayed on your computer about a second after you take the picture)
Thanks. I'll check out lightroom. I wonder what software they package with a new Canon camera?

VinylLabs.com

Thanks. I'll check out lightroom. I wonder what software they package with a new Canon camera?

I think it's an updated version.

Look, I don't even own a DSLR yet, I've been trying to get one for a while but something always comes up, I borrow a friend's. I've played around in lightroom a bit, it seems like it's a photographer's best friend, but I haven't gone into details with it. I've just done one or two shoots. there are some good tutorials and walkthroughs on youtube.

signmeup

I got this sorted out. Windows will store the files where I want and in the style to which I am accustomed. It just took some research and fiddling.