• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dead Flexi Help

orbitalcustoms

So our production manager decided to quit today. We have some jobs on the books and cant do anything right now. Anything would greatly help. Here is the error we are getting. Any help would be great.

Runtime error
c:\program Files\flexisign-pro 7.5v3\program\app2.exe
abnormal program termination

With Flexi closed (completely), click Start > Programs > FlexiSIGN-Pro > Clear Preferences. Then confirm.

You will need to recreate your plotter setups from scratch, but this will solve the problem.

Bob

iSign

are they print/cut jobs that are already in the que, and set to register to crop marks on files that are already printed? If so, especially in cases where you might have set repeats in the rip&print interface, you would have the concern of not losing the jobs in the que, because it would be difficult if not impossible to recreate the cut file to finish those prints.

If there is nothing worth worrying about in the que, then maybe a reinstallation of the program is worth considering. The other downside there would be related to how much customization of your program you might have done. I use mine straight out of the box without customizing toolbars & pallets, so the re-install doesn't hurt me as much... but don't do it on my suggestion unless you understand the consequences, which I don't fully recall myself... things like re-establishing communications with both machines, maybe even re-loading your profiles. I always hate re-installing a program, but you have to consider it as a possible fix for your situation.

iSign

wow... just read Bob's suggestion.
Please let us know how that goes. Sounds like a great trick to know.

gabagoo

I have not had that problem yet but that is really good to know if and when it happens...thank you

jicamajoe

Clear Preferences works on a mac too

I had the same problem, saw this thread and tried it on my Mac. (not a fan of mac's anyway but it's a work computer) Obviously there is no start bar so I just made my way to the folder flexisign was in and found the "clear preferences" and click on it. Now it works. Thank you

You're welcome - I didn't know that there was a parallel function in the Mac version of Flexi. Thanks for sharing that!

Bob

Color Dude

I will say this. 7.5 version is rather buggy. You might want to think about seeing if somebody has a copy of 7.6 you can update to. I have a copy of the 7.7 version that will most likely solve that error.

Trust me it will come back. If you find that it comes back, let me know and I will send you a copy of the 7.7 disc for you to install. I used that version more than I used my 8.5 and I never had any problems with it.