• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deadbeat Customer

D&Tgraphics

LOL. Those are some great suggestions guys. :U Rock:

The customer has contacted me. I guess this thread helped. We are going to work a few things out. I will give them another chance, but this is the last one. I want to end this peacefully.

If I need any assistance in collecting later I will send the Mosh!! :rock-n-roll:

John Butto

Do most of you live under a rock like in the Geico commercial. These people who don't pay their bills are smarter than you are in not paying. They have been through this many times and know the letter of the law and what they can get away with. You end up spending good time and money pursuing it in the court system when it just takes "friendly persuasion" using debt collectors which just take a small %.

petepaz

signs 101 is like a little family here, help each other give advice, exchange business, and sometimes fight..haha. you have to man up and get this resolved. if you are having issues at least call and explain or try and make some sort of partial payment at least cover the vendors material. you are not screwing 3M, flexcon or fellers here, it's a small businessman like yourself.

Salmoneye

Really glad that they called you. $800 is felony theft by check here and they treat it as such, the district attorney can have the cops drive down to your place of business and snatch you right out of your shop, I have seen it happen.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
good call dennis, i guess the idea of being called out a rat was enough to get him moving.

i would have already blasted them on here, december was a long time ago...

next time don't be so patient, it is your money he's holding on to.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Even after you PM'ed me, I still don't know who this guy is............ :Oops:

Glad it's finally coming together for you.

I agree.... next time, don't wait so long :rock-n-roll:

"Deposit Please"

No way man, call that fu#ker out on stage. I want to egg him. he knew dam well that check wasn't even worth a chinese nickel...and then, avoid all his ph calls. I know that exact feeling. Work hard to make the 2 ends meet and get stiff armed. I've dealt with little fu#kers like that. That's just soooo mother fu#king uncool dude. Thanks to signs101. otherwise, your time and effort would never be compensated.

Locals Find!

Hey Don't put me in that guys shoes. This can be seen by people searching my name.

I pre-pay for everything I order every time. I carry no accounts with any Merchant Member here and I don't with any of my suppliers.

I got enough issues in my life without having to worry about what is due to who & when. I pay upfront to avoid the scenario we have been discussing.

earplug

New York BAD CHECK penalties.

Civil Penalty: Face value of check, plus two times amount of check up to $750.

Criminal Penalty: Up to three months in jail, or up to $500, or up to double the amount of the drawer's gain from the commission of the offense.

mark galoob

its funny but a merchant member would have prob been outed here and it would have been no big deal, but a customer member cant be?

if that peep dont pay...i say out em asap. nothing like peer presure to make shit happen

mark galoob

LoneRanger01

I still believe in having the person arrested for theft of services. But for those of you who try aqnd collect your hard earned money the hard way by sueing in small claims court. Here is some more things you might want to know. After you win a judgement in small claims court put a lein on their property. Then send them a certified letter giving them a reasonable ammount of time to pay the debt. The courts (most of them) deem 90 days as reasonable. After the 90 days are up you then send another certified letter to them letting them know that in the next five business days that if payment is not recieved in full you will have a sheriffs sale of what ever you have a lien against and they will be responsable for the debt and any other cost that arise from the sale.
Most of you seem to be rather young compared to me so for what it's worth here is a rule I made back when I strated my first company in 1972. Money is money and I have no friends or realitives when it comes to money. You are in business for one reason and one reason only, and that is to make money. Liking your job or work is just a by product. Some of you will probably think that this is not a very nice way to do business and you may be right but I can say in all my years of doing business I have never been broke and no one has ever gotten away with ripping me off.
The other issue I have is some saying anyone can make a mistake and boune a check. Well the cold hard truth about the matter is if in fact it is a mistake, it would be corrected the next day. To let this "mistake" carry on for more than a week , well that "mistake was done on purpose. No one accidently bounces a check for more than one business day. If you think they do you are only kidding yourself. So why not out him/her? Because of friendship? What about your other friends here that have not ripped you off. Don't you owe some typ of loyalty to them so this person doesn't rip them off? Here is another hard cold fact of life, if some one will rip another person of then they will not stop at just thet person they will rip off others. If a person steals from you this person will just as easily steal from your friends. Maybe my way of doing business has gone by the way side but back in the day business owners looked out after one another. If a customer was bouncing checks at a bar that bar owner would let the other bars know who it was bouncing checks, I don't know, maybe sign people just don't get it......If a virus was going around infecting sign computers wouldn't you warn the other sign companies? So why not warn them about a bouncing check dead beats? like a virus they also cost you money.........

LoneRanger01

This is my apology to the spelling police....but at my age spelling is not at the top of my to do right list.......just saying

D&Tgraphics

LoneRanger, I see your point and I appreciate it but I have talked with the customer and they have actually closed the business due to some health issues so I don't think that they will be bothering anybody else here. If though, we don't have this resolved soon, since we have now traded emails and he has made claims to make an effort, then we'll talk. I just don't see the benefit of outing them right now.

LoneRanger01

DT......I don't think you got my point. To start with you are still calling this theif a "customer" Aren't "customers" people whom you make money off from? You haven't made any money from these people3 so that make you their mark. They are going to make an effort to get you paid???????Please tell me you are not that stupid. You should have gotten a hold of the sheriffs dept. in the county where this dead beat live and found out exactly what you have to do to have this theif arrested for theft of services. If he lives out of state I would contact the FBI and if the goods and check were sent throught the mail I would be contacting the US Postal service about mail fraud. Have them arrested then if you get your money drop the charges. If you are going to complain about this problem atleast grow a couple of stones and do something about it!!!!!!
As for you seeing no benifit from outing them......well I'm just glad I don't have to depend on you to watch my back.

John L

D&T glad it's going to be resolved. If it's not, in short order, start out by taking that check to your local police department... that always works for me. If I have a working phone number, my local sheriff even takes the time to make a quick collection call for me to explain the issue is now between the customer and the police, and I'll tell you.... he's perfect at bat! I've rarely had to go any farther.

Masked Man... Please - D&T is a smooth dude, and an excellent MM here. Top quality, priced right, & dependable. Take it easy on him.