• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deadbeat Customer

WildWestDesigns

Not to argue but you know this to be true how? In the other version he plays Bill Reed the brother of a texas ranger who goes to the canyon with all theother rangers and is suppose to be killed. It is also the only episode that clayton mooore can be seen without his mask. This is why I wondered which was the first. I have all the episodes on dvd as he was my child hood hero and still is

He is a brother to a fellow Ranger as well in the were he starts off as a ranger. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I think it starts off with the rangers talking to the "snitch" that leads them to the ambush in the canyon, but I don't recall clearly seeing Moore's face in it.

LoneRanger01

that one where they talk to the snitch is the first episode on the dvd. On the VHS when he comes from the east he goes to the canyon with his brother who is the captain and his brother deputizes him making him a ramger before they are lead into the canyon. then both stories are the same. On the dvd version you never do see him without his mask.

WildWestDesigns

that one where they talk to the snitch is the first episode on the dvd. On the VHS when he comes from the east he goes to the canyon with his brother who is the captain and his brother deputizes him making him a ramger before they are lead into the canyon. then both stories are the same. On the dvd version you never do see him without his mask.

Then what that VHS might be is one with an alternate beginning.

LoneRanger01

You could be right. The first three epeisodes are tobe continued and they are about capturing the cavidish gans. just the first half hour or episode one are differnt. episode two and three are the same. I had my vcr on record one night and they had a lone ranger marathon. that is how I got it on VHS, don't even remember what statlite I was pointed at. Before dish network and direct tv.....

LoneRanger01

well, wildwest I have to put silver up and call it a day.....rule 31 early to bed early to rise keeps you healthy wealthy and wise.....been real in conversing with you

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

well, wildwest I have to put silver up and call it a day.....rule 31 early to bed early to rise keeps you healthy wealthy and wise.....been real in conversing with you

I heard that. I have 4 real silvers at the house that if I don't get up early, they are getting in (or out depending on the time of year) whether I like it or not.

John Butto

I have read everything Zane Grey wrote, books all about Texas Rangers, greasers and cowboys, but that is another story. I also saw the timeline thing that the Lone Ranger bought up, good work, now if all of you will put up the magic screen froggy we will return to the Wild West show.

WildWestDesigns

I have read everything Zane Grey wrote, books all about Texas Rangers, greasers and cowboys, but that is another story. I also saw the timeline thing that the Lone Ranger bought up, good work, now if all of you will put up the magic screen froggy we will return to the Wild West show.

The bad thing about westerns is that they really have done a poor job about the history of my home state (6th generation Texas native from NE Texas(Plano)).

My hometown's history and appearance looks more like where I live now(Franklin TN) then what most people would think. That's one of my biggest pet peeves (that and the fact that people lump everyone in the DFW area together, but that really only affects us multi-generation natives of the area more then anything).

CES020

it surprises me that you can not see the profit in knowing no one else ever bounced a check to the taxi cab business.

No, what I don't get is how you think every customer you ever had for the rest of your time in that business was educated on that fact. 50% of the people don't know who's president, so I'm going out on a limb here and saying there's no way possible (except in your head) that every single person you ever gave a ride from that day forward knew about your story of suing for $2.80.

So while it's convenient in your mind to believe that you never got another bad check because of that story, the reality is probably more along the lines of you just never got another bad check. I'm certain some people heard about the story, but the vast majority probably didn't.

That's like me telling a customer "We don't do banners", and then not getting any banner requests for the next 4 years and attributing that to the fact that we told a customer "We don't do banners". That's non sense.

Your story played a role, but it wasn't the single reason for not ever getting a bad check again. That's just your perception of the events.

If you're not in the sign business any more (your exact words, not mine), why are you here, on a sign forum?

andy

Signing the warrant/complaint = 14 min.
sitting in court to say yes he is the one = 35 min
Not having anyone else ever bounce a check to me = Priceless.....Now again explain to me how I lost money, math lessons to be held later tonight.......
Now lets look and see what the theif got for his 2.80
he got to spend time in jail, he got a felony record, he had to pay court costs, he had to pay a fine ,he had to pay me back the 2.80 and 14.00 check fee, he had to pay back his over darft fees at his bank and he got 6 months probation. Alll in all it cost him over 350.00 for that theft of 2.80.
You can call me what ever names you like, nut job with anger mangement issues, a hard ass or even a not nice person but the fact is I have not only had and run one but five business sucessfully. I was both professional and curtious to all of my customer. What I did not do was to let a customer walk over me like a door mat not for 2.00 and damn sure not 800.00. There are rules an owner of a business must follow and if you can't follow or learn these rules then get out of business and stop whinning about it!!!
Incase you are not aware of these rule let me enlighten you on some of them.
1. Money is money and there are no friends or realiatives when it comes to money.
2.You are in business to make a profit and nothing less will be accepted.
3. No one, I repeat let No ONE steal from your business and get away with it!!!
4. If you do job at cost for a customer, the next five jobs must be marked up to make up for the lost profit. refer to rule no.2
5. when recieving a check for services rendered call the bank to verify funds. for lardge amounts have bank guarantee the check.
6. You are the owner and the boss, employees do what you say, how you say and when you say, anything else/less is not acceptable.
7. Both emplyer and employee will put 110% in to every job. any less is unacceptable.
8. Stand behind and back up everything you say and stand for. Your word is gold to a customer and it is your bond.
9. Never ever take a job for less than cost, just to get a customer. refer to rule no.2
10. You can be professional and curtious to a customer without being nice. The customer is money to you not a friend. You are running a business not a social club. If you want to have a customer be a friend do it after business hours. see rule no.1
I have plenty more rules if your interested...........

Writing a bad cheque in this country isn't a criminal offence... the Police aren't interested and won't get involved.

By your logic I should have been stripped clean by thieves and scammers..... in fact I've never once lost money through a bounced cheque.

How so I hear you cry? A cheque isn't money...not until it clears. You can pay me by cheque but don't hold your breath for immediate delivery... you'll wait until the cheque clears. If you want it "now" you'll have to pay by credit card.

It's a VERY simple process and require no intervention by Chuck Norris or the FBI.

WildWestDesigns

Writing a bad cheque in this country isn't a criminal offence... the Police aren't interested and won't get involved.

Don't mistake a low priority with regard to cops as not being against the law. However, you are talking about the UK, so rules might totally be different.

Bad checks can be considered as de-frauding the person depending on the jurisdiction and how the laws are written and even on the amount.

Now you have to put some perspective on it as to the amount that was written and is it worth it to pursue the matter and I'm not just talking worth it in the accounting sense, but also the economic sense as well (not the same and they won't be the same between person to person).

LoneRanger01

Colosign.....Old not wierd, there is a differecne and allowances.

CE020.....apparently you have never lived in a tow of 800 or less for a population. And It was not my words that I am not in the sign business anymore.Please atleast get your fact straight if you are going to tell me what I said. I said I am not in the sign business and just so you know there were no rules to this forum that said you must be in the sign business to particpate in conversation. Are you trying to tell me that sign people are so special that they do not allow other business men to talk with them?????? talk about arogance.

Andy: do you really know exactly how stupid your statement sounds. Writting bad checks in not a crime in the UK........wait just a minute my sides are hurting from laughing so hard. So what you want everyone on this thread to believe is that we can come to England buy anything we want, pay for it with a baqd check and then have no fear of being arrested because we have commited no crime........Really, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, Are you serious, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,

"By your logic I should have been stripped clean by thieves and scammers" please explain??? And just so you know.......ha,ha,ha,ha, Chuck Norris plays a pretend cop on tv, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, atleast for now. He has in real life applied to become a Real Texas Ranger. So I think before I get him involved in protecting me from bad check writters, I;ll let him finish hisw training at the academy.....ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

Last edited:

CES020

And It was not my words that I am not in the sign business anymore.Please atleast get your fact straight if you are going to tell me what I said.

Ummm...okay....let's try your next sentence then.

I said I am not in the sign business and just so you know there were no rules to this forum that said you must be in the sign business to particpate in conversation. Are you trying to tell me that sign people are so special that they do not allow other business men to talk with them?????? talk about arogance.

Actually many a person have been booted from this site because they weren't in the sign business. I'm not sure of the exact policy, but I've seen a number of people kicked off the site because they weren't full time sign people. I'm sure Fred can clarify exactly what the policy is.

LoneRanger01

you said "If you're not in the sign business any more (your exact words, not mine), " I tell you to get your facts straight and you then say "Ummm...okay....let's try your next sentence then." and you quote my last post to you "I said I am not in the sign business " What point are you trying to make? Am I not good enough to be talking to you? Am I a second rate citizen because I don't agree with you and I am not in the sign making business? What are you trying to say? Do you want Fred to boot me off the forum? If you don't like my views or opinions don't responde to them. If the OP doesn;t want my advise or doesn;t like my advise then don't ask for it.
You have gone out of your way to try and make me look like a poor excuse for a human being because you don't like my views and every time you get kicked to the curb, isn't it about time you just give up.........and let it go?

CES020

Post #73 from you....

Its a good thing I am not in the sign business

I don't have a problem with you, I'm just trying to understand and follow what the heck you are saying. In the above post, from a day or two ago, you said it was a good thing you were not in the sign business. I questioned you about it and you said you never said that, and then said it again in post #95 and then called me out saying you never said it.
I'm just trying to comprehend what the heck you are trying to say, that's all.

I don't have any reason to think you should be booted off the site. I just asked why you were on a sign forum when you said you weren't in the sign business.

HulkSmash

Post #73 from you....

I don't have a problem with you, I'm just trying to understand and follow what the heck you are saying. In the above post, from a day or two ago, you said it was a good thing you were not in the sign business. I questioned you about it and you said you never said that, and then said it again in post #95 and then called me out saying you never said it.

I'm just trying to comprehend what the heck you are trying to say, that's all.

I don't have any reason to think you should be booted off the site. I just asked why you were on a sign forum when you said you weren't in the sign business.

It's addy 2.0

LoneRanger01

I relise that when someone doesn't get their facts straight it can and ussally does lead to confussion. Here is exactly what you said. quote:" If you're not in the sign business any more (your exact words, not mine), " Now not in the sign business any more implies that at one time I was in the sign business. Are you with me so far or am I going too fast? Then you said "your exact words not mine" meaning I said I was not in the business any more again implying that at one time I was in the sign business. You saying they were my EXACT WORDS is where you got your facts wrong. That is why I said if you are going to tell me what is said get your facts straight. The first thing I ever posted on this forum was I am not in the sign business. I have NEVER EVER implied that I ever was in the sign business.

"I don't have any reason to think you should be booted off the site. I just asked why you were on a sign forum when you said you weren't in the sign business." Then why bring it up about people being booted off who they weren't in the sign business. And then you said "I'm sure Fred can clarify exactly what the policy is." as if I am supose to be scared because you are going to run to Fred and get him to see if I need to be booted off this forum because I am not in the sign business.