• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dealing with customers....

401Graphics

It says...
Thanks
401 Graphics
(then something about not being responsible for mistakes in design after proofs are approved)

Its just me and my wife that run the shop. Her email sig does say her first name in it. And she deals with 98% of the customers, and design

WildWestDesigns

It says...
Thanks
401 Graphics
(then something about not being responsible for mistakes in design after proofs are approved)

Its just me and my wife that run the shop. Her email sig does say her first name in it. And she deals with 98% of the customers, and design

I guess I just like knowing the name (as much as one can truly know via email) of the person I'm dealing with. Especially since some of the businesses that I deal with have 20 or more people. Need to be able to say so and so said this that or the other.

401Graphics

I guess I just like knowing the name (as much as one can truly know via email) of the person I'm dealing with. Especially since some of the businesses that I deal with have 20 or more people. Need to be able to say so and so said this that or the other.
I agree with that. When its a smaller shop like mine, then its probably not very important.

Marlene

for the walk-ins are they asking you your last name as they think they need it if they call back? do what Gemini does and just have your first letter of your last name.

omgsideburns

Who would be afraid to use their last name on anything business related? I get not using it on the internet, but that's more of an accountability thing.. I don't want crap I say online tied to me personally. Harder to find me if my name isn't stuck on every post I make.

Haakon

Man I don't even give them my first name... can't be too careful these days you know.

What kind of customers do you have at your place? Just random walk-ins or proper (if that is the right wording) legitimate business clients? How do you communicate with clients apart from walk-ins without identifying yourself? Just curious :)

Attachments

• agent 651.jpg
    agent 651.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 88

Marlene

maybe it is more woman who don't want to give out that much info as it seems the men here are OK with it. for me, we don't have a store like Steph so it isn't an issue but I can see why she isn't all that willing to drop her name to just anyone who walks in off the street looking at truck accessories