• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

decals for flower pots

petepaz

have a job to make decals for these plastic flower pots and i am having trouble with the label it self. i cant get the shape correct so it lays straight and flat. i thought about knotching it in two places so it gives relief. i was hopeing someone had a formula of some sort on how to get the correct shape.
maybe i need a different material as well, just using oracal 3651 right now.
the decal is approx 3" x 10".
help ????

petepaz

oh and the customer will be putting them on the pots which is part of the problem
i have to make it work so anyone can apply it

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are you cutting the label concave so that it lays straight on the pot?

Exactly so.

Tape a piece of paper to the subject flower pot. Scribe two horizontal lines on the taped paper as far apart as the label is tall.

Remove the paper and tape it to a flat surface. The lines you scribed when the paper was taped to the pot will reveal the exact curve you need to cut the actual labels.

MikeD

compound curves are not easy. If they will give you creative freedom, an upside-down triangle can make things easier. It doesn't have to be pointy or ugly, just subtle enough to conform to the shape.