• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deciding to go my own way. Logo critique.

onesource

Here's a template. Good luck, there is plenty out there.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 123

GypsyGraphics

or cmykreative?

nevermind cmykreative.com is taken

That's too bad, I really liked that one. Thought vital signs was good too.

Also, just wanted to say... It was not my intent to put down Christianity in any way. I do hope you didn't take it that way. My comments were only to express my thoughts on what I believe is the use of religion as an advertising angle.

Even if it wasn't an "angle" for you, it's all about perception.

For anyone thinking this belongs in NHB... you're not paying attention. My comments would be exactly the same if we were talking about puppies. Yeah, I said puppies.

Imagine, SignsNowOH, said he loved puppies and wanted to somehow incorporate that into his name or logo. Knowing he loves puppies might make give some people a warm fuzzy feeling. I love puppies too, but if you had a puppy in your logo and your business had nothing to do with animals, I'd be telling you to leave the puppy out. You'd have more people wondering what your angle was than saying "hey, that guy likes puppies and I like puppies, we should do business together."

Dog or God, love'm or not... my response is the same.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and... doG bless you everyone.

oh, one more thing... Mosh, I believe I counted 323 beers in your logo idea.:biggrin:

grafixemporium

In choosing a name, it's important to find something memorable, easy to spell, and without a lot of letters that could be confused for other letters. Stay away from too many D's and B's for instance. Of course, your name has to have a matching URL that is available... preferably a dot com.

Your "arc" and "kreative" suggestions will just turn into major nightmares. It gets old spelling out your website 50 times a day. That's one of the major reasons why I went from marketing "grafixemporium.com" to "gfxwraps.com". Of course, we also refocused our efforts on selling wraps, so that helped too. In retrospect, I really wish I spent more time on the name. I was eager to get started and had so much on my plate. I went with the best thing I had at the time. Sometimes I think about rebranding... but I've come too far.

Going back to some earlier suggestions, I did a quick godaddy search and found an interesting name that is available - thelifesigns.com

Good luck!

Latigo

Had a customer years ago, maybe 30 or more that told me when he hears the word "Christian Shop", he puts one hand on his wallet.
If you hear "OldPaint"......... you'd better put TWO hands on your wallet. :Big Laugh
How ya been, you old coot??

Pierre

Latigo

So........ The word Signs occurs twice in your projected logo. Emerge? Maybe Emerging......... maybe.
"Wholesale"? I see that word bandied about a lot..... like the word "Graphics" Are you wholesale? We're wholesale. That means we do not, under any circumstances sell to an end user. An end user is a retail store. We sell only to organiztions that sell our product to their customer. The end user.
Its a tough business, young man. I've read this entire thread, and I somehow doubt that you have a real grasp on the true scope of that which you are facing.
If you have contacts and prospects, why haven't you steered them to your current place of employment? Loyalty and trust are a two way street.

P

SignManiac

Just getting here way late, but...you could go with ARK creative media. It's not your sons initials but there was a big boat in the bible book called an ARK. They even made a movie about it last year.

Ponto

Just getting here way late, but...you could go with ARK creative media. It's not your sons initials but there was a big boat in the bible book called an ARK. They even made a movie about it last year.

BRILLIANT!!! I think the OP should be indebted to you... your idea is spot on!!!

JP

Rustyrussell

https://www.austinsignco.com/
I just opened my 4th sign shop. I've sold the first 3 after developing the business to the point of having some value. My first 15 yrs in this business i was at 1 shop learning the trade. After 22 yrs in this industry and plenty of experience with opening new sign shops at new locations i just have to say.

KEEP YOUR JOB!

Oh and have a nice day!

HeavyHitter

I'm trying to wrap my head around Christian Grunge... we could start a new trend maybe?

I was contacted by a church a couple weeks ago to make a logo for their youth ministry. They want a grunge type logo. I can do grunge and I can do church, but putting the two together is difficult. LOL

Dan

Mikeifg

:notworthy:
Looks like 100 others I have seen. Good luck. Be sure you are ready to sell out. I have bought out several shops from guys who "went out on their own". Be ready to not make any money for the next 2-5 years, cause that is what you are in for. GOOD LUCK!

Sorry, but it sounds like you are thinking more about your logo than having a business. That logo it generic at best.

I totally agree with Mosh........

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow…. this thread has certainly run the gamut.

I kinda agree with Deaton. There’s room for constructive criticism and the OP seems eager to hear all of it…. whether it’s good or bad, but some of you have taken on new identities yourselves. Bashing and having a good time is great, but I don’t see where this OP did anything wrong to deserve some of your lame comments and ridicule.

And Mosh… coming here drunk and posting while in a stupor is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard in a long time, but then I have to consider the source.

Guess some things will never change, but I don’t see how anyone can get much out of this thread with all of the crap twisted around inside of it.

Words don’t matter much when designing a logo, but what you have already doesn’t really represent a logo,
but more of a layout of words. Nothing really could stand on its own and say your name with what you have posted. You’ve used a few tricks like lower case, all caps, italicizing, fad type colors and changing directions of letters for visual effects. In my opinion, you’ve used too many tricks and not made a great impression on anyone’s memory. Besides, like mentioned… those words just don’t fall off your tongue for the most part. When answering the phone…. many people will probably think you’re saying ‘Merge Signs’.

There are quite a few good threads about this very subject…. the basics of designing a logo. Like using what kind of shapes, letter forms, strokes, graphics and so many other components of creating a logo. Asking for individual help with your particular design is probably not going to work for you and I would strongly recommend looking at this from a collection of elements point of view and get your building blocks in play and go from there. I’m sure something will emerge from that.

i agree that there is some of the wild and craziness in this thread. but am i the only one that thinks that there is some very valuable information as well?

if the only thing that people can find value in is patting you on the back regardless of the quality of work shown...or the only value people can find is when you agree with their ideas or position...well, then i guess there is no value in this thread...