• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

delete

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Yeah, I'm going to disagree with you. That kind of attitude would definitely set you up for failure. It's about the work, the opportunity, the grind. Anyway, I get these forums a little more now. I was just here to introduce myself and see if anyone else wanted to share their beginnings. I read all the stories I could find on Google already.
My bad attitude, hard work, education and experience has afforded me the ability to make a lot of money. Poo pooing things you don't want to hear and thinking you're gonna google how to start a business ain't gonna work. Maybe you should try youtube. That's where most of the hacks try to figure out stuff they have no business doing. Good luck but your success isn't tied to your hopes and dreams

SS&G_Seattle

My bad attitude, hard work, education and experience has afforded me the ability to make a lot of money. Poo pooing things you don't want to hear and thinking you're gonna google how to start a business ain't gonna work. Maybe you should try youtube. That's where most of the hacks try to figure out stuff they have no business doing. Good luck but your success isn't tied to your hopes and dreams

No worries, if I ever get a chance to work with you, i would definitely charge 50% more. I get it, you're a piercing realist whose charm is in the form of negation tactics. I've worked with, for and against guys like you & always will. I can deal with it. Take care.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No worries, if I ever get a chance to work with you, i would definitely charge 50% more. I get it, you're a piercing realist whose charm is in the form of negation tactics. I've worked with, for and against guys like you & always will. I can deal with it. Take care.
Sounds like you are getting the swing of things around here... You almost sound like a sign guy...

SS&G_Seattle

Sounds like you are getting the swing of things around here... You almost sound like a sign guy...
Good to be here, shit rolls downhill. He's right about a few things for sure, and he's got every right to view me like that... look where im posting...

Can't help myself but you make me think of this what that statement'

haha exactly man! but i was going for the boss in office space

Notarealsignguy

No worries. I'd never ask you to work with or for me.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Owning a business is akin to having an ugly tattoo in a visible area. You live with it 24/7...and so do those close to you. It's not like a dirty pair of socks / underwear you can shimmy out of and into something fresh whenever you feel the need.

But it's not always a hate / hate relationship. Along with the bad days, the really bad days and the really, really bad days...you'll have awesome days that make you feel like superman. And to continue the metaphor a bit further, your biggest task at hand is to discover and avoid your kryptonite. And to go one more step toward the darkness, your kryptonite will most likely manifest in multiple forms.

Your ultimate mission, should you choose to accept it, is to "know thyself well".

Nothing but the very best of wishes....

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey SS&G....... are you on vacation or something ?? I mean, it's hump day and you're on here all day and night. Shouldn't you be out pounding the pavements ?? Unless you're some kinda genius, which isn't likely with your track record...... I would think you'd be starting this so called niche business, gathering potential clients and scarfing up machinery from others who have tried and failed and selling it cheap.

rjssigns

I started decades ago because simple vinyl graphics for my truck took the guy six months. That and some other "stuff" drove me to buy equipment. Kept my day job for way too long now I make decent money, get to work on yachts, supply another shop with prints and teach. I also weld for hire, fabricate, paint motorcycles, handyman etc... Basically if the money is good and I know the work I'm your guy.
Some are amused at my anything for a buck work style because I'm not "laser focused" on signs. That's fine, but I get to work on the stuff that interests me and not have to take every sign job that comes through the door. Multiple streams of income is the key.

You have a diverse skill set, leverage that into cold hard cash. Keeps life interesting. Like the day couple days I spent welding the parts for a peanut leveler.

SS&G_Seattle

No worries. I'd never ask you to work with or for me.
Hey SS&G....... are you on vacation or something ?? I mean, it's hump day and you're on here all day and night. Shouldn't you be out pounding the pavements ?? Unless you're some kinda genius, which isn't likely with your track record...... I would think you'd be starting this so called niche business, gathering potential clients and scarfing up machinery from others who have tried and failed and selling it cheap.

Gathering data all night... been on the phones all morning. What's up?

Notarealsignguy

phone-coach-.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Geez........ you mean you're gonna skip out ?? We give so much good advice and like always have a little fun back & forth and you cop an attitude ??

Wish you well SS&G, but with what you just did, I doubt you'll go very far. It gets hot in any kitchen, but if you don't know how to cook, obtain ingredients or sell your cookies...... you're heading down a road of disaster, so it's probably good ya got outta the kitchen before you blew something up or blew a gasket. :covereyes:

Notarealsignguy

It's gonna take a little thicker skin than that if you plan on doing the boots on the ground thing. You know, when you own a business, people still aren't nice and sometimes it's worse than having a drill sergeant boss breathing down your neck.