• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design for a school that will be printed tomorow!!

PhatWall

Please give me your input on these designs!! I have posted a few schools that I have completed but have not posted the designs before they get printed until now. I am on a very tight timeline with this job and have spent two days coming up with the final design. Because the design images are so big; I had to lower my resolution quite a bit in order to post my designs. They are 40” in x 50” each and will be printed on 3M textured surface vinyl and will be laminated as well. Please let me know what changes I should make!!!

Attachments

• 51x81 copy.png
    51x81 copy.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 176

Grafix USA

The drop shadow on the font on the title for each makes it hard to read. Other than that, they look nice for their itended use.

PhatWall

The words are actually easier to read once printed to full size. I will post the compleated job tomorow. Man I Love Working With Schools!!!!

iSign

I love the stock photos!
The least authentic looking part of the whole thing is having 2 that are identical.
I don't know their proximity to each other, but if you flipped one, that might look less obvious... or even a subtle resize, shear, distort or even color shift..

GypsyGraphics

A few alignment and leading suggestions. And if you have the option... a slight change in wording in the first line of the vision statement.

I'm on my laptop with very limited fonts... the font used was just for convenience.
51x81-2.png

PhatWall

i used promocyja. I downloaded it from dafont.com. This is a very classy font if you want to check it out!!!

JESSE WALKER

considered flipping one scroll so that its a mirror of the other? that is if they will be placed next to each other. i might not be making sense, cant seem to wake up today lol.

MITCHATEXOTIC

dafont....

are they for commercial use?I thought last time I was there their was some kinda disclaimer.Schools are great to work with when the decisions aren't made by committee, just like on these boards the opinions usually very so widely it make it difficult to get to a finite answer, but there checks usually don't bounce.

PhatWall

Mitch you are correct when you said that their checks don’t bounce lol. Yes schools can be hard to work with when coming up with a design to make everyone happy but the payoff is giving back to your community!!!! And to Jesse, they will be about 30 ft. from each other.

Replicator

Do the University of Washington Huskies know you're using their LOGO ?

Just askin' . . .

Attachments

• uw.gif
    uw.gif
    3 KB · Views: 129

Marlene

why is there a shadow on any of the print????? isn't it suppose to look like a written on scroll? how the heck did they write the title above the paper so that it would have a shadow? there is no way there would be any shadows on any of the lettering. on the scroll yes as it is suppose to be something other than a flat piece of paper. it's little mistakes like that that make or break a design

PhatWall

lol replicator.... the school provided the image for their logo. I do think that it is quite funny though. I hope I won't get in trouble because they provided it to me!!!

royster13

Phat you have a lot to learn about trademark infringement.....Good thing the worst thing that can happen is total financial ruin and not jail.....

strypguy

Our high school has the same "C" logo as the Chicago Bears.

Heck, it's on everything. I assume they have the rights to use it.

It might be the same case here.

John

PhatWall

Thank you again John. All I know is that until now I had no idea that Washington had that same logo. I put in allot of time and effort into this project. I guess if the boys in Washington get mad then they can go after the school district. That same logo is on the main sign of the school and has been there for a couple of years.

Team Valhalla

It is possible that they've gotten permission to use the same logo. There's two schools within a 60 mile radius of us that have persmission from the NFL and the NFL teams use their images. The only difference with them are the colors.

SP