• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design for a school that will be printed tomorow!!

MITCHATEXOTIC

Team and school logos

We have a local school with the long horns as their mascot.What a crazy headache it became at first.U.T.threatening to sue the school scrambling for a new mascot and colors.All this was solved with a request from the principle to be a sister school and subsequently a good faith letter from U.T.We now do work for both the highschool and a little(2 jobs 4 years) for the university.By the way we are located in central Florida.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why is there a box effect around the copy. It looks as if something was inserted over the original scroll and doesn't quite match..... and also at the top around the wolf's head ??

Cadmn

any one thought the HS might have used the logo first? maybe Washington needs the schools permission I bet the Hs might be the older of the two.so who came first might be in consideration.

Jim Doggett

It's probably moot. It's not like you're selling counterfeit logo wear. Smaller schools frequently "borrow" from the big guys and it goes unchecked.

Plus worst case is, you print it and get paid. Then UW legal sends a cease and desist to the school. You print another one and sell it.

There are no damages here. UW cant quantify a damage amount, nor do they care waste the time. They just say "stop" worst case.

Replicator

Why is there a box effect around the copy. It looks as if something was inserted over the original scroll and doesn't quite match..... and also at the top around the wolf's head ??

That version was not posted by the OP

Flame

Edit... you know, you're not worth the advice. lol. Good luck with your sticker venture.

Case

Designed for Lombardi by equipment manager Dad Braisher, the G is one of the most recognizable team marks in sports, borrowed by several colleges and high schools, including Grambling State and the University of Georgia.

Case

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hee's the nitty~gritty on this one folks...........

husky.jpg

License Agreement / Copyright Notice

License Agreement for All Clipart and Templates of Rivalart.com
a Jam'n Art LLC Company.

1. License. Jam'n Art LLC grants you a non-exclusive limited license to use this software for personal or business use under the following restrictions.

YOU MAY USE JAM'N ART LLC CLIPART AND TEMPLATES TO DECORATE AND CREATE GARMENTS, SIGNS, AD SPECIALTIES, BANNERS, MURALS, LOGOS, UNIFORMS, BROCHURES. You may resell these decorated items to your customers.

NO MORE THAN THREE Jam'n Art LLC clipart images or template images can be used on any web site, brochure, digital document or software without written approval from Jam'n Art LLC.

YOU MAY MAKE ONE COPY of the software solely for backup purposes and may operate the software on one computer at a time. Any permitted copies must include the same proprietary and copyright notices as were affixed to the original. You may not copy the disk(s)/file(s), contents or the user's guide to sell or distribute to others, or operate the software on more than one computer at a time.

YOU MAY NOT post any more than three clipart or template images of Jam'n Art LLC to a web page or online designer without written approval from Jam'n Art LLC.

YOU MAY NOT redistribute any image in digital or paper format.

YOU MAY NOT redistribute any image under the assumption of being clipart, art for resell or package it as clipart or design template software.

YOU MAY NOT resell Jam'n Art LLC software as art, clipart, design templates in any format including paper or digital.

Any clipart image and/or design templates of Jam'n Art LLC can never be sold or distributed in any form under the pretence of clipart or design templates.

2. Copyright. All images represented by the designs in any Jam'n Art LLC collection are licensed and/or registered by Jam'n Art LLC and are to be used by paid customers only. The unauthorized use of any Jam'n Art LLC software can result in legal complications.

Under copyright laws, Jam'n Art LLC software may not be digitally copied or photo copied, in whole or in part, without written consent of Jam'n Art LLC, except to make a backup copy. This exception does not allow copies to be made for others, whether sold or not. Under the law, copying includes translating into other languages or formats.

3. RESPONSIBILITY:

* Customer accepts all risks which may arise from the downloading of the files, including but not limited to errors in transmission or corruption of existing data or software. If software download cannot be made, Jam'n Art LLC will provide you a private download link or send your product via e-mail.

* You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with any of the downloaded files, and Jam'n Art LLC will not be liable for any damages in connection with use of the downloaded files.

* Jam'n Art LLC does not guarantee the downloaded files nor provide any warranties whatsoever, implied or expressed, and without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business, data, goodwill, computer failure, or any other commercial losses or damages.

* In no event shall Jam'n Art LLC be liable for any indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages however they may arise, even if Jam'n Art LLC shall have been advised of the possibility of such potential loss or damage.

* Jam'n Art LLC reserves the right to change the files at any time without prior notice.

Reproduction of art. Customer must examine all proofs before going to press. Jam'n Art LLC's sole responsibility is to correct their products and remedy their errors. Under no circumstances are they liable for loss of press time, material or ink.

BY DOWNLOADING OR OPENING THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE YOU AGREE TO TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SOFTWARE. ONCE THE SOFTWARE IS DOWNLOADED OR OPENED, IT CAN NOT BE RETURNED FOR REFUND.

Jam'n Art LLC Copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 All Rights Reserved
Promark, Inc. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007 All Rights Reserved

You may e-mail support@rivalart.com with any question you may have about our license agreement.

Jam'n Art LLC
1600 Coronado Drive
Blue Springs, MO 64015

support@rivalart.com

Wanna report him ?? It's all outlined hereon how and what to do.

It's getting a little tiring hearing all you people talk about copyright infringement and Licensing Agreements. Do something about it and maybe we can put a stop to it once and for all.

I would think the OP would be very interested in how this all works. :noway:

iSign

Edit... you know, you're not worth the advice. lol. Good luck with your sticker venture.

dammit dude.. yiou da bomb!!! :thumb:
I wanna be like you when I grow up...

seriously that is the classiest way to tell someone what I find myself wantin' to tell a lotta guys around here lately... to the point, positive attitude... :clapping:

I'm copy'n that one!! :notworthy:

GypsyGraphics

Interesting to come back and see this thread this morning.

You had the opportunity to put some great advice to work for you on your project, regarding modification to the graphic, proper layout, logo concerns... and the only correction you even acknowledged was a typo.

could have resolved that with a simple spell check.

At this point I can only suggest you review some of the advice given here before ever doing another layout.

And if you were unable to see it visually... let me drive home at least one point I find myself having to make with just about every student or pseudo designer...

The size of your page DOES NOT determine your fonts size! Just because your first scroll had less verbiage doesn't mean you increase the points size on that scroll! Let the page with the more difficult to fit verbiage establish the appropriate, visually appealing and legible fonts size.

It's a tell tale sign of inexperience and it something we hear from nearly ever new client...
oh, look at all this extra space... let's make everything bigger!

Lesson one.... lose the FILL'ER-UP mentality!