• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design opinions

shakey0818

I was circling the drain on X-Mass eve,oh wait it the 8-piece KFC that was circiling the drain after a long night of drinking.:munchie::munchie::munchie::munchie::munchie::munchie:

stoneandtle

"always a debatable topic" ?? I don't think so... at least for text, I don't think it looks good out of true level in more then 1% of situations myself...

I mean someone could debate anything.... but I rarely follow the body's angles, unless they are extremely subtle I have split the difference

I'm sorry, I thought you were saying it was crooked and not level with the body panels. I like it level with the ground too which is how it's depicted in the picture, or so I thought...I guess it doesn't really look like that though.

stoneandtle

not busy right now... i'll go play with it a bit.

here's a few possibilities
attachment.php

View attachment 59144
attachment.php

View attachment 59145
attachment.php

View attachment 59146
attachment.php

View attachment 59147

I need to start expanding my thought processes...the one with the curved phone number looks pretty cool, and the one with the smaller area code (#4) is an interesting touch.

For some reason I was fixated (sp?) on that phone number being below the logo...thanks for the eye opener.

GypsyGraphics

to be honest... i usually don't like text that follows the curve of the wheel well, and in fact have never done it before. but i did think maybe in this case, because it's following the graphic, it might look okay.

Last edited:

iSign

I thing gg's layout works & the curves look awesome...
but what I wrote about straightening out your copy was right after post 15 when you had text rainbowing up and over a globe... & I had wanted to suggest a subtle little globe in the "O"... which would have left your rainbow of sub copy looking for a new home

stoneandtle

I thing gg's layout works & the curves look awesome...
but what I wrote about straightening out your copy was right after post 15 when you had text rainbowing up and over a globe... & I had wanted to suggest a subtle little globe in the "O"... which would have left your rainbow of sub copy looking for a new home

Oh gotcha, yes, that one was a bit crooked...my bad. Regarding the logo, I can't really change that, because I didn't design it; it actually has crosshairs in the middle of the "O" and there are tick marks around all of the letters in the MARIANO word - I think it was to simulate engineering graph paper or something similar.