• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design stress....anyone else ever get that?

rjpjr

I have thousands of tricks up my sleeve that make it far easier for me than it would be for you or most others. Good design is no accident, the more knowledge you have pertaining to it, the easier it becomes.

So....Maniac...Care to share any of your Tricks?? :thumb:

Xtreme_Sign_Guy

Every designer gets blocked from time to time. Those of us that think with the right side of our brains are a special breed. In your case you may want to consider getting a designer on board with you. Sometimes being able to bounce ideas back and forth with someone else can be very helpfull.

Be very carefull when considering getting into vehicle wraps. It's more work than most sign shops think they are. Specially on the design side of things, I have recieved artwork from marketing companies that I have had to redesign because their designers had no concept vehicles and trouble areas. Or they would have an outline template and not design past the template lines for overlaps and wrap-arounds.

If you plan on getting into wraps, make sure you don't rely on template outlines only. Allways get measurments of the vehicle you are doing and be mindfull of body mouldings and other areas that may affect the graphic installation. There are a lot of variables when it comes to wraping vehicles and the design process will be one of the most difficult tasks a moderate designer would take on.

You might want to think about taking some evening classes to learn Adobe software. Plus using Adobe will give you the flexability to manipulate customer supplied artwork in the native programs. Flexi is great for the average sign shop, but if you want to create great wraps, you are going to want software that can handle large format digital work. I use a combination of Photoshop, Illustrator, and yes, Corel, when creating a wrap.

But if you get blocked easily now, and being you have a baby on the way, you might want to consider hiring somebody.