Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop printer question

Discussion in 'General Software' started by LMSigns24, Dec 8, 2008.

1. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    I am printing busines cards on my Ricoh. I am printing a dark blue color and in certain areas, the printer is leaving a pink haze around the letters creating a purple and blurred look. I never had this problem beofre. Does anyone know what that means? Thanks
    Lisa

Tags:
  2. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    i'm assuming this is a CMYK printer since it's a desktop printer....pink haze means the magenta registration is off.....but if i may, why are printing biz cards off a desktop printer?? there are so many biz card printers out there that give such a better quality that a desktop printer....inkjet printer cards always look shoddy....

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Yea, I was wondering the same thing. Is it like a major high res printer or something? I'd deff. sub it out unless it's just something that your making like 10 of, and it's not for a business.

4. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    I have many poeple wanting business cards after I letter there vehicles so I bought a printer that does a great job. If I was a printer and only a printer, I would buy a high tech printer, but this one I have does a great job. Excepts up to 12pt paper, and it does what I need it to do. It's not a little desktop, it is a commercial grade. Ok, so my magenta registration is off. Let's see what I can do to fix it.

5. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    please help

If you can help out at all, if the magenta registration is off, how do i correct that? It is strange because I did an auto adjust, and now, ony 1 single area is still looking like the magenta is off. Why is that? I am printing these 12 up, and the bottom center is the only place that looks off.

6. WhiskeyDreamer

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    is there something off in your artwork?? try setting a bleed and see if the problem goes away...

7. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    I am printing from illustrator. I have copied the file into a new document and all. This is driving me crazy! I have no bleeds in this artwork. Just plain blue text. I am about to throw away the bottom line of the cards and re print just the top. I shouldnt have to do this though.

8. AznSensation

AznSensation Member

Dec 16, 2007
    which ricoh model do you have? I may be able to help you out

9. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    I have a LP 226. If you can, that would be great!

10. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Man you have not lived until you get a professional printer to do those cards.

As for the pink.. I am guessing you have not aligned your print heads. OR, the ink is running because the paper is not meant for what you are doing..

11. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    The printer that I have is for business cards. When I called the supplier, this is what they reccomended. I have been using it for 1 1/2 years and do work for another printing business. It has done a great job, but is giving me trouble today.

12. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

i have a officejet K850 HP. will print up to 13x19". 2400x2400 high resolution capable. has all separate ink carts and separate printheads. and it also very fast.
    looking on ebay while back, i found a BULK INK SYSTEM FOR THIS PRINTER....really never need to buy the carts for it. i print photos 11x17 on this and they are as good as you would get from a photo shop. can print 4x6. also i had a piece of the JEXTAR media for the ENCAD and i ran it thur the HP, WORKS GREAT!!!!!

13. WhiskeyDreamer

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    :help