• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desktop printer question

LMSigns24

I am printing busines cards on my Ricoh. I am printing a dark blue color and in certain areas, the printer is leaving a pink haze around the letters creating a purple and blurred look. I never had this problem beofre. Does anyone know what that means? Thanks
Lisa

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i'm assuming this is a CMYK printer since it's a desktop printer....pink haze means the magenta registration is off.....but if i may, why are printing biz cards off a desktop printer?? there are so many biz card printers out there that give such a better quality that a desktop printer....inkjet printer cards always look shoddy....

TheSnowman

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. Is it like a major high res printer or something? I'd deff. sub it out unless it's just something that your making like 10 of, and it's not for a business.

LMSigns24

I have many poeple wanting business cards after I letter there vehicles so I bought a printer that does a great job. If I was a printer and only a printer, I would buy a high tech printer, but this one I have does a great job. Excepts up to 12pt paper, and it does what I need it to do. It's not a little desktop, it is a commercial grade. Ok, so my magenta registration is off. Let's see what I can do to fix it.

LMSigns24

please help

i'm assuming this is a CMYK printer since it's a desktop printer....pink haze means the magenta registration is off.....but if i may, why are printing biz cards off a desktop printer?? there are so many biz card printers out there that give such a better quality that a desktop printer....inkjet printer cards always look shoddy....

If you can help out at all, if the magenta registration is off, how do i correct that? It is strange because I did an auto adjust, and now, ony 1 single area is still looking like the magenta is off. Why is that? I am printing these 12 up, and the bottom center is the only place that looks off.

LMSigns24

is there something off in your artwork?? try setting a bleed and see if the problem goes away...

I am printing from illustrator. I have copied the file into a new document and all. This is driving me crazy! I have no bleeds in this artwork. Just plain blue text. I am about to throw away the bottom line of the cards and re print just the top. I shouldnt have to do this though.

Techman

I have many poeple wanting business cards after I letter there vehicles so I bought a printer that does a great job.

Man you have not lived until you get a professional printer to do those cards.

As for the pink.. I am guessing you have not aligned your print heads. OR, the ink is running because the paper is not meant for what you are doing..

LMSigns24

Man you have not lived until you get a professional printer to do those cards.

As for the pink.. I am guessing you have not aligned your print heads. OR, the ink is running because the paper is not meant for what you are doing..

The printer that I have is for business cards. When I called the supplier, this is what they reccomended. I have been using it for 1 1/2 years and do work for another printing business. It has done a great job, but is giving me trouble today.

OldPaint

i have a officejet K850 HP. will print up to 13x19". 2400x2400 high resolution capable. has all separate ink carts and separate printheads. and it also very fast.
looking on ebay while back, i found a BULK INK SYSTEM FOR THIS PRINTER....really never need to buy the carts for it. i print photos 11x17 on this and they are as good as you would get from a photo shop. can print 4x6. also i had a piece of the JEXTAR media for the ENCAD and i ran it thur the HP, WORKS GREAT!!!!!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i have a officejet K850 HP. will print up to 13x19". 2400x2400 high resolution capable. has all separate ink carts and separate printheads. and it also very fast.
looking on ebay while back, i found a BULK INK SYSTEM FOR THIS PRINTER....really never need to buy the carts for it. i print photos 11x17 on this and they are as good as you would get from a photo shop. can print 4x6. also i had a piece of the JEXTAR media for the ENCAD and i ran it thur the HP, WORKS GREAT!!!!!

:help