• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Destroy craigslist lowballers

showcase 66

and although I HATE flag burners, they have every RIGHT to burn the flag, that's what sets us apart from all the other countries that are run like police states.

Technically it is illegal to burn the American flag per US code however the United States Supreme Court has ruled that burning the flag is a protected form of Free Speech.

I think it is funny that a lot of us on here are bashing mark for this even though You can search for lowballers and find a bunch of threads about how these lowballers are killing the sign business. I have posted before on here about an ad from craigslist about a local lowballer and his advertised prices. Cheaper than any wholesale place I have met. Most people stated that I should have flagged it for removal and some did for me.

I actually found out who our local CL was and he actually had one of the larges sign shops in the area. Of course, he wouldnt wholesale to me at the prices he was using on CL but the guy told me that his son would do cheap work on there older roland 30" printer and use crap material. Most of the people that would use it wanted crap anyway. This way they only had to deal with them on the computer and all sales were final and no warranties.

He would end up getting them coming to his real shop later to get better quality not even knowing it came from the same place.

Great Signs

Gee. Has anyone ever heard of Vista Print... Free business cards, free banners free vehicle magnets, free stamps and so on... why is it that after people get all this free stuff, they end up at my shop to get the same thing... only better in quality... and they pay for it.

Free or cheap is not always the best solution and I think people (most anyway) realize that in the end.

As they say... you get what you pay for and nothing in life is free. :Canada 2:

ThinkRight

:goodpost:
Gee. Has anyone ever heard of Vista Print... Free business cards, free banners free vehicle magnets, free stamps and so on... why is it that after people get all this free stuff, they end up at my shop to get the same thing... only better in quality... and they pay for it.

Free or cheap is not always the best solution and I think people (most anyway) realize that in the end.

As they say... you get what you pay for and nothing in life is free. :Canada 2:

mark galoob

hey all is fair in love and business, dont take this personally, i dont...i could care less if the naysayers think this is icky or whatever or that im unamerican by blocking free speech...

however i do think that it is well within my rights to excersise my freedom of speech by blocking the lowballers freedom of speech!!! this is done all the time by businesses all over the world, ie marketing. in fact if you have a website, and are paying any amount for SEO, this is exactly what is happening...im limiting their exposure its that simple.

im on c list anyway because i dabble in liquidations and auctions, and like to buy used equip or whatnot. and it only takes me a few minutes of downtime every day to to brouse so its not like i spend my whole day there...fyi

mark galoob:thumb:

Pat Whatley

however i do think that it is well within my rights to excersise my freedom of speech by blocking the lowballers freedom of speech!!! this is done all the time by businesses all over the world, ie marketing. in fact if you have a website, and are paying any amount for SEO, this is exactly what is happening...im limiting their exposure its that simple.

Your "free speech" is fraud.

Last edited:

OldPaint

mark galoob......"quote: im talking bout 1000 bus cards for 35 bucks, or 5000 postcards for 49 bucks, or banners for 1.50/ sq foot or screen print for some ridiculas price...

this is helping to promote the downfall of our industry.unquote."
well gee feller, sittin in my chair lookin at YOU, I CAN SAY THE SAME for people like YOU destroying a profitable SIGN BUSINESS.......that we(people who are artists and can paint, and dont need a computer or a printer)had before you "lowballers" showed up since 1990's!!!!!! i been in this business full time since 1986........and been painting signs since 1958)))))))))))))))) its all in the perspective huh?

As much as I hate CL lowballers, it's almost equal to how much I hate people who flag stuff just because they don't agree with it.

Sorry. No cake for you.

+1

I run employment ads which get flagged, I often wonder if it is was the last person who applied who flagged it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What is Craigslist?

wayne k
guam usa

ps
Old Paint it was the air brush guys who took the work away from the hand painters long before plotters entered the scene....

slipperyfrog

im happy to report that i have destroyed most of the lowballers on dfw craigslist. i report them prohibited every time i see them, and they get flagged and removed...craigslist does not even seem to actually look at them they just auto remove them.

:rock-n-roll:

i move to create a special holiday to commemorate this event and hopfully get others of us to follow suit. join me and together we can RULE the craigslist galaxy as FATHA And SON....muhahahaha sorry on rant now

mark galoob

I don't post on CL and don't agree with those guys pricing that do. Then again they have a right to do business as they see fit. Besides I get some work from people who have used those guys and want a higher quality product.

You my friend are just as bad as them in my books for your attitude. I certainly wouldn't want to do business with you knowing your tactics.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Never had a customer mention Craigslist prices for signs or graphics.

I'd just laugh and open the door...
Might flick a booger on the back of their shirt too...

Thanks Rick

Tigertron

im talking bout 1000 bus cards for 35 bucks, or 5000 postcards for 49 bucks, or banners for 1.50/ sq foot or screen print for some ridiculas price...

this is helping to promote the downfall of our industry.

mark galoob

Its not their industry too? I didn't know you needed to be a member to sell signs.

Here in America we call it "Free market capitalism". If you can't compete then you will be eaten.

Also you haven't won. Tomorrow is a new day full of cl posts. Have fun.

tsgstl

I thought Craigslist was for used fridges and $80 pillow top matresses

Don't most legit businesses have knock offs?
Or is this just some form of new radical tactics that I just thought always existed?

If for some freak chance this destroys our industry I feel confident enough in my abilities to succeed somewhere else.

I got a $10 video camara for Xmas
Guess what? It's a piece of crap not even worth the price. I'm guessing cheap lowballer trash on craigslist is viewed the same.

gfgraphics

Get a life

I say get a life and quit whining. Spend the extra cl time towards you own business. Every one has a right to do there own thing.

fitnesspro1

Just a thought

You buy equipment etc. at discounted prices on Craigslist? You're not worried about destroying the legitimate equipment dealer industry by buying from discounted sources on CL? Whatever will they do?

Call the kettle black much?

boxerbay

if they are trolling on CL for print they can have them. those clients are the worst.
I have one here now wanting to redo his tradeshow booth panels. I gave him a quote and he comes back with "it's too high" I ask him to bring in his booth kit and holy crapper the panels have gaps between them. the third panel is cut short. all the red in the prints are banded big time. some of the panels are lifting off. a complete mess. I gave him the "you got some balls saying my quote is high and you bring in this crap" look. I told him well i guess you get what you pay for and explained we dont do this kind of work which is why we charge what we charge.