• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Detailed articles on marketing your sign shop and managing the business side

Hey guys-
I spent over four years working in a sign and print shop in Illinois. While there, I helped to double sales ($500k to $1mil+). Whenever I had a snag with any equipment, Signs101 had answers for me.

As a way of saying thanks, I wanted to share some of what I learned. Was thinking of writing a few more detailed posts on the marketing and business side of things .

But before I spent a lot of time on it, I wanted to see if any of you would be interested in this sort of thing.

You guys interested? Anything specific you'd like to learn about?

Thanks,
Bryant

rdmdarr

Anytime you have an opportunity to boost sales, why wouldn't you be interested. Post your stuff, I'm int interested.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'd be interested unless your a Tony Robbins minion and/or think crowdsourcing is your pathway to millions...

I'd be interested unless your a Tony Robbins minion and/or think crowdsourcing is your pathway to millions...
I think anybody trying to crowdsource their way to millions is an idiot and I'm definitely no Tony Robbins minion. I read a ton and nothing makes me more mad than when some article/book is filled with nothing but high-level "think it, and it'll happen" type stuff.

I'd like to provide ideas and strategies you can actually use. Glad to hear a few people are interested. I'll see if I can get a worthy post together in the next day or two.

Craig Sjoquist

Yes indeed marketing signs is alot different then marketing a plain retail sales store or any other for that matter.

So would very much like to read & practice what you preach ...thank you

DirtyD

Absolutley I am in.. would help out greatly as my fresh company is "paying its dues" so to speak

Bretbyron

Popcorn_nommer.gif

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I would be interested
(at least until I see something shiny laying on the internet and get distracted)

wayne k
guam usa

sardocs

I'll read 'em. But I've been a full time home-based one man show for over 35 years and I'm lookin' to retire in a few more. I'll be interested in knowing what I've been doing wrong all these years.

visual800

Nope dont care to hear it. Im envisioning the conference room at the holiday inn and after the "spill" there is a price to hear the secret

joshGN

How about you move on if you're just here to give the guy a hard time.

Notice how there has been a mostly positive response to the OP's offer?

Someone starts a thread about giving away free advice and your first reaction is to burn him?

Some people........... :noway:

Is this guy your boyfriend or something?

I "liked" the post...I'm interested too...

But I dont want to hear a bunch of BS and fancy salesmanship...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Anyone, and everyone, can always learn. It takes a very intelligent person to realize there is always potential. Takes a real idiot to resist progress......... at any cost.

Let's see what you have to offer and if we're capable of understanding. Bring it on !! :rock-n-roll:

Haha...wow tough crowd. I do appreciate all the encouraging responses.

Yes - you found me. A guy has to start somewhere. Wasn't happy with where I was at, so I left around Christmas time and started out on my own about a month ago. Naturally, you can't take work you created for someone else with you. Portfolios and websites have a way of taking a back seat to working so you can eat and make a car payment.

Look guys - I'm not claiming to be a wise sign marketing master or know any secret ninja tricks that are magically going to make you rich. I'm not trying to rip you off, set up shop at the Holiday Inn, or sell you some 5 disc audio book "instant sign shop millions" course.
Just wanting to share what I've tried and connect with other like minded people.

I've been working a post that I plan to publish tonight. My writing skills are a bit dusty, so keep that in mind.

If you don't like it - two options:
1) Shame me, bash me, make fun of my website - what ever you want. I would ask that you do it in a separate thread though.
2) Offer up your feedback, add your experiences, help me and everyone else improve

If you do like it:
Try it out - see if it works for you.

If it helps you - great. I would love your feedback on it. Strategies can always be improved.
If it doesn't work for you - hey, at least you tried. Give me your feedback anyway. Let's find something that does work.