• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Devices in Production Manager just Disappeared!

TDFcustomSL

Computer did an update and when I started production manager back up it prompted me to add a device. Both my printer and my cutter are gone. Anyone else had this issue?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That can be a real bummer if you had jobs in there on hold like cut jobs from prints that have not yet been laminated and cut. I know if you have the machine itself selected on the left side and you happen to hit the delete key, it just deletes the setup (along with its jobs) which can be quite irritating. That being said, look around on the computer for the Flexi temp folders where the actual jobs are stored. They might still be there. Copy them somewhere else then go back in and add the setups back in, then if the jobs don't automagically show back up try copying the files back to the new temp folders and they might show up and work.

FrankW

Sightline:

It looks like that you use an old version of Flexi. Since several years, hitting the delete button when an output device is selected will lead to a warning that you are about to delete a setup.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Did not know that - I have not tried it in a long time. I just know it used to do that if you hit delete with a machine selected. We are on the latest build of version 11 (previously named "cloud").

gabagoo

I get the drivers not loading about every 5 or 6 weeks..then I shut the access to the internet and virus protection and it stopped doing it. Once the drivers were reloaded all the print and cut jobs came back, but all the cut jobs that had a HOLD info after cutting switched to delete...very annoying

TDFcustomSL

Thanks for the replies, yes it is easy to re add them. But as was stated, I did have jobs holding. I have accidentally deleted a setup with the delete key before but that's not the case this time. I have flexi 10 and flexi cloud but was never able to get it registered during the free upgrade.