• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Did anyone ever get the "square"

Slamdunkpro

I've had my Square for about 2 months. It's been a very satisfactory experience. Square recently dropped the 15 cent per transaction fee so now it's just 2.75% which, while a little steep is still cheaper than the card not present rate on my in office terminal. I had no trouble getting my weekly transaction ceiling raised.

williaty

I've been accepting cc with it only since they first rolled it out. We've got two accounts with them now (different businesses) and have yet to have a problem with either. The flat 2.75% is WAY better than I could get out of any other conduit by the time you figure the monthly fee, gateway fees, merchant account, per transaction fee, and percentage. I'm sure if I were a bigger business, I could get better terms, but for a tiny shop, the Square setup is pretty impossible to beat.

MrG

Square app ok on iPod and iPad!

I have used the Square app on both my iPad and my iPod (I don't have an iPhone) and it works.
There was a feature on CNN about this app a few weeks ago. They showed someone using it with a "cash register app" on a counter-mounted iPad in a small donut shop (I think). Haven't heard any bad things about it.
The "Square company" was started by one of the founders of Twitter, so that's mainly why I assumed it was ok.

mopar691

I Have nothing but good things to say for this. Been a great tool for out on mobile work and collecting down payments on the spot. Had mine for a little over 4 months with usage weekly.