• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Did this BUG seamless (No overlaps)

wrapman jamz

It's hard to post something exciting these days. Nothing but run-of-the-mill wraps. Lots of vans, box trucks and trailers. So, I thought I'd wrap a bug with no overlaps. Individual panels for nearly every body part. More work, but looks better.

At least this one is BRIGHT!

Attachments

• 100_5439.gif
    100_5439.gif
    104.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_5443.gif
    100_5443.gif
    79.6 KB · Views: 169

wrapman jamz

Rambo, The only waste was on the sides. I had to throw away the area from the curve of the fenders at the rocker (Bottom) to the end of the side body panels near the hood and the tailgate. (About 8 sq ft of material) The big loss is "time" ...It takes longer to wrap this thing up this way.

Sherry2006

have you had any problems getting the perforated vinyl on the windows to stay down? I find that the edges curl up very quickly after appplying. We ordered a "seal-it" pen to adhere it to the window better. hasent come in yet but hope it works. Our shop has been doing small graphics for a while, and we are just starting to get into half-wraps and such, just looking for a few pointers.

wrapman jamz

Concerning the Perf lifting issue...Use a strip of the overlam that you used on the perf. Cut 1/4" strips and adhere them starting 1/8" on the perf and then roll the clear material onto the glass edge. This works very well (especially when the client takes the car thru a car wash and peals the edges up!) the only downside is it is so thin that removal can be difficult later (But it's worth it)

Malkin

Looks great!

Just out of curiosity, has it become industry standard to do it the other way and have seams (or perhaps, more seams) thus using less material? Our shop has only done a few wraps and I have been trying to figure out how others have been competing when it seems like the average price people expect to pay has been driven down quite a bit. I guess it never occured to us not to print a separate panel for each body part, but then, we are not a dedicated wrap shop.

WVB

Its cheaper in the long run to just buy 1Shot clear... But what wrapman jamz states is excellent too..!

have you had any problems getting the perforated vinyl on the windows to stay down? I find that the edges curl up very quickly after appplying. We ordered a "seal-it" pen to adhere it to the window better. hasent come in yet but hope it works. Our shop has been doing small graphics for a while, and we are just starting to get into half-wraps and such, just looking for a few pointers.

Sparky

We do everything possible seamless. Saw a competitors work the other day and they had a seam dead center on the drivers door with the logo placed on top of the seam - it showed it off really bad. I can't image letting the customers car out of my shop like that.

zapblam

yea work so hard to get a flawless wrap that looks like paint....then toss a big old overlaped seam right through it. Not acceptable by any of our customers who are paying big bucks for a wrap. I tried that once on a customer suppied print once.....off it came and we reprinted at his cost.

I do mostly horizontal full length panels though. Try to get the only seams at the narrowest part of the door and window pillars. Sometimes down low if there are body moldings.

wrapman jamz

I started doin' wraps back when we used regular cast vinyl. Couldn't put anything on without a panel overlap. Then came 3M with the air-egress. Still had to tile them because the stuff was way too aggressive and needed to be in smaller panels.

Now almost every wrap product is easier to apply and we can just throw it at the vehicle. I started doing seamless on everything possible (Smaller areas) Then, like most everyone these days, nearly every wrap is seamless. The only limitation now is that they don't make the media wide enough for bigger jobs.