• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimension Tool Settings

neato

How do I change the default global settings for the dimension tool? I can change them within the document, but not globally.

For example, I want to change the text color and font as well as line color and line ends.

I know I've done this before, but now I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it.

petepaz

don't know about corel, i use illustrator and i normally change stuff like that under the edit drop down menu in the preferences menu.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
simple.
Open the Object Properties docker
without anything selected click on the dimension tool
click on the dimension tab of the docker and set your properties, use the text tab to alos set properties
once you have them all set go Tools\Save Setting as Default

neato

I forgot to say thanks for the help on this. I still haven't gotten the settings to work, there's a glitch with my program. I may need to do a fresh install. :(

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
I forgot to say thanks for the help on this. I still haven't gotten the settings to work, there's a glitch with my program. I may need to do a fresh install. :(
Before doing such a drastic thing, delete your workspace and restart Corel It will start a new fresh workspace. If that does not work, exit Corel, and restart it with the F8 key pressed and it will reset to "factory" defaults, just like a fresh install. That is much faster than reinstalling it altogether. I hope this helps.

Last edited: