Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct Print?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by GAC05, Mar 16, 2007.

1. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I recently switched from Win2k to XP Pro on a new pc.
    I have Flexi(7.62) and the Production Manager running on the new system, ripping to the printer using a direct network cable (no router or switch).
    Worked fine under Win2k, I could print directly to the printer without the Windows Print Manager opening up and getting in the way.

Set up everything the same (as far as I can tell) on the XP box and even with the option to "print directly to the printer"(no spooling) enabled, the Windows Print Manager runs and I can open it and see my print job in the queue.
    The problem I am running into is when I need to stop the print from the printer control panel. I pause or cancel it there & the WPM tries to restart the print while I am trying to abort it in the production manager. Print manager goes back an forth and and won't give up for as long as 5 minutes, even after I've clicked all it's options to cancel everything it is doing.
    On the 2k box I could pause or stop the printer and then cancel the job in the production manager within a few seconds.

I'm sure I am missing something simple I just can't see it.
    Any help out there?

thanks
    wayne k
    guam usa

Flexisign Pro 7.62 rip ---> Encad 1000i

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I noticed a little increased activity from the SAI rep and thought I would bump this up. I still can't get the windows print manager to stay out of the way of the Flexi production manager.
    Any SAI guys out there might want to lend a hand?
    I have not had any luck with emails to the SAI tech support page.
    I take it 7.6 is obsolete as far as support goes.

wayne k
    guam usa

:thankyou:

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    your printer spooler is holding the job in que..
    OR more likely, the printer is holding data in its cache..

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Yes that does seem to be the problem, I need to know how to set XP up so it sees the printer the same way Win2k does. Under Win2k the windows print manager never pops up on the task bar and it seems that the flexi production manager is talking directly to the printer.

I would like to use the XP box to do the ripping & printing as the win2k box is getting a little long in the tooth and does a good job of crashing on larger files.

wayne k
    guam usa