• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discovered an antique Electro Pounce Machine in our supply closet

Jwalk

I use a pounce pattern at least a couple times a year usually on large lettering. Look a little old school, but they don't make them like they use to.

petrosgraphics

we have had ours for years and years. still use it a lot. cheez, I remember when we 1st got one, it put the swivel pounce wheel in the bottom drawer...it will last for years and years. * * *not much to it. simple design.

A. Rosenthal

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. Been the (3rd) owner of a sign and design shop in Northern Vermont for three years now. We've been working tirelessly this winter to try and clean out and organize this place. A lot of clutter develops after 33 years in business. In the midst of all this I discovered a really cool looking machine. A google search later I've learned that this is a genuine antique Electro Pounce Machine. Date stamped 1969. I replaced the fuse and had a machine repairman look it over. Everything appears to be in good working order. I think this is just the coolest thing, but have little practical use for it. I'm curious, is there a market for such things? Does anyone know if I could sell it, and if so, what kind of asking price I should list? I was thinking ebay but would welcome other suggestions. Thanks!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

A. Rosenthal

I need an electro pounce machine! Let me know if you are still selling this one or if anyone knows of one at a reasonable price.

Attachments

• EPM.jpg
    EPM.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 268

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Hey kid! Watch it with the "Antique" remarks. I grew up using one of those.... A big sheet of metal on the board, grounded of course, taped your pattern to the board, turn it on, and watch the sparks fly... literally... Makes the best pounce pattern ever! Lettered many a truck and signs with one of those...

Tfloraditch

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. Been the (3rd) owner of a sign and design shop in Northern Vermont for three years now. We've been working tirelessly this winter to try and clean out and organize this place. A lot of clutter develops after 33 years in business. In the midst of all this I discovered a really cool looking machine. A google search later I've learned that this is a genuine antique Electro Pounce Machine. Date stamped 1969. I replaced the fuse and had a machine repairman look it over. Everything appears to be in good working order. I think this is just the coolest thing, but have little practical use for it. I'm curious, is there a market for such things? Does anyone know if I could sell it, and if so, what kind of asking price I should list? I was thinking ebay but would welcome other suggestions. Thanks!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Tfloraditch

I am not sure what it is worth, but there is a really good chance I was the last guy to use it. I worked for a small sign shop in Morrisville VT hand painting signs and we used that unit a lot. Let me know what your plans are.

Tim