• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disposable plastic banners on a roll.

petesign

I do a fair amount of business with radio stations and media outlets -- one of the things they currently get elsewhere is the disposable banners on a roll (like these) http://www.reefindustries.com/division.php?div=6

anyone know of a wholesale supplier of these?

I would love to crack the door open on this product, they go through a ton of them... and are replacing the more permanent banners we make with these for events.

J

john1

Be good for those graduation banners and things like that too

Jack Knight1979

These are a hard thing to produce. I used to be friends with a company that produces them and they farm them out as well. I tried to get into this business, but the setup cost for each print is pretty high. Most printers won't even touch the job unless it's 5,000 feet long. Max width for most of this type of offset printers is around 30".

It's a tough nut to crack.

anotherdog

Should be able to produce those on my VP540 with perf cut on banner.
24" cheap banner with a perf every so often.

Cost however is the issue. Looks like someone is just printing plastic on a four colour web press. Any idea of cost per roll?

ChicagoGraphics

You could probably print on cheap poly plastic banner material like what beer distributors use and some how make the perf cuts.

petesign

Looks like they are getting them in minimum of 3000 sq ft orders for about $.11 a sq ft.

Good grief!