• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do You Accept Credit Cards?

Do You Accept Credit Cards?

• Yes

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 30.2%

• Total voters

mladams7259

You guys that accept paypal, look into virtual terminal. I use it. No equipment to buy or anything. You just type in their credit card number on the screen and add taxes and shipping and woila! No strings attached! Just $20 monthly. Worth it to me!

buca1

MAster Card, Visa, American Express, Discover. We also use paypal for certain transactions.

Jerry

Greenthorn

Yes, with PayPal's Virtual Terminal for $20/month. Yes, percentage fees are higher than a typical merchant account, but no contract, no equipment, cancel anytime, appears only as "MY BUSINESS NAME" on their credit card statement. My favorite feature, money is immediately available in my PayPal account, which I can then immediately use to order more materials with my PayPal Debit Card, which earns 1.5% cashback.

Yeah, I'm kinda happy with PayPal.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We use an in-store card swiping machine which accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and all debit cards. We use PayPal for all online merchant processing. We are charged a lower rate for swiped cards than we pay to PayPal and a slightly higher rate for phone orders where we input the card info through the keypad.

All in all I would guesstimate that 70% to 75% of our total sales goes through the card reader and PayPal combined.

madisonsignguy

For anyone that uses QuickBooks. They offer credit card processing right through QuickBooks. You just right click on the estimate> Receive payments.

That’s what we use. It is very convenient.

ALSO I would Watch out for Paypal. If you get one customer who wants to be a jerk and complain. They can actually freeze your whole account. So if you have it make sure you are withdrawling your money right away.

CHECK OUT THIS SITE http://www.paypalsucks.com/

mystysue

Madison.. we had a problem with one customer. and they only froze the amount from him not the whole amount in our account. We have a in store card swiper that we use for the signs business. We do use paypay cart on our web sites for our other companies and have been for years and years with no problems.. The time they froze the amount that one person had paid us they unfroze as soon as we showed proof that it had been shipped and recieved.
We also use paypal to do our online mailing of products that are order thur our website.. which is reallly handy..

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have to agree that PayPal has never given me any problems. Further, it would be highly unusual if not illegal to freeze anyone's account for more than a disputed amount. They have become a major player because their plan is easy to get and use, their rates are fair and the majority of the people using it are satisfied.

If anything they suffer from their relationship to ebay. An educated guess would be that the overwhelming majority of unhappy PayPal users were using it in conjunction with ebay buying and selling.

SqueeGee

Visa, MC and we just added AmEx. We don't advertise that we accept AmEx because their rates are higher, but some of our state and local governments only use it, so it speeds up payment with those customers.

FrankenSigns.biz

For all of those of who who do not accept credit cards, you really should. It's boils down to getting paid. Getting paid faster. Getting paid conveniently. Bottom line: getting the money in the bank for the work that you do. If you don't accept credit cards go to your bank and get set up and start doing it. I can't imagine you'll ever regret it.

Biff Smith
http://www.colorondemand.com/

jgolo

credit cards

We use an in-store card swiping machine which accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and all debit cards. We use PayPal for all online merchant processing. We are charged a lower rate for swiped cards than we pay to PayPal and a slightly higher rate for phone orders where we input the card info through the keypad.

All in all I would guesstimate that 70% to 75% of our total sales goes through the card reader and PayPal combined.

Fred-

Do you have the ability to have your customer agree to a debt or credit type transaction?

At my day job, we just went through some training that showed a typical transaction(swiped) on a $1000.00 - costs us about $23.00 and if we were to choose debt, there is a flat fee 0f $0.60 reguardless of the amount.

I know there are not many $1000.00 orders but if you can do it - you could save some money. Plus a debt transaction is safer for you and the customer (from identity theft).

John