• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you have a dog in your shop?

Wraptrick

My dogs get a paycheck, that's how often they go to work with me. Oh, and my shop don't stink. They leave all that crap smell in my truck during the ride.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I was 5 or 6 I had a Irish Setter, Rusty. One night half our chickens got ate, so my dad shot Rusty, right in front of me and Joel my little brother. The next night the coyotes came and got the rest of the chickens. My dad drank alot....

Looks like the acorn didn't fall far from the tree........................ :popcorn:

rjssigns

Only took 'til post 31 for the haters to voice their opinion. This post was about bringing our "family" members to the shop, and dealing with fuzz and dander. This post is not a place to voice your disdain about others preferences.

Come to my shop and tell me to my face my dog stinks, has no business being in the shop, or my place smells.
It will never happen. The anonymity of the web gives people artificial bravery.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Mine are always in the "shop"...

We had to put down Saber, the 'red' one, last year due to a tumor. She was almost 14 years old. Had her since she was 8 weeks old. Best dog ever.

Attachments

• (136) Dagger @ 2 Years.jpg
    (136) Dagger @ 2 Years.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 81

gabagoo

Max comes in almost every day that I do. He loves it here and greets everyone who comes in the door. being a Corgi, he is not to intimidating.

As mentioned in another post, he absolutely loves the spray air guns I have around the shop. I am not sure what joy he gets from them, but if you say MAXI what do you want?, he will lead you to one and wait for you to hit him with some air.

Dog hair is not the issue here on laminating although once in a while I catch one. People hair is worse as well as those little black pieces that break off of Alumapanel after it has been run through the saw...

Attachments

• 327.jpg
    327.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 102

lexsigns

My Lab comes everyday to work sometimes my other dog too( austrailian cattle dog)
I wouldnt have it any other way either!! My customers love them , they keep me company and I dont print here... If I ever get a printer I would keep it in another room- no dog not an option!

Attachments

• 000_0526.jpg
    000_0526.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 89

lexsigns

How does the Roomba do? I've often wondered if setting a few of them loose on the production floor at night would help keep the dust and debris level down a bit, but there are a lot of obstacles back there. Good investment?

I have a roomba at home( the pet hair one) I love it!!! just make sure you dog doesnt have an accident in the house before you get up and have roomba scheduled to clean- lost one that way (ewwww) the company actually replaced it for almost nothing!!! I was impressed with customer service- guess it happens more than you would think.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Here is my "beast". No shedding and very clean. No dander or fur, actually like human hair. Maltese are good for people with allergies, bad if you don't watch where you are walking. He is all of 3 pounds and 5 months old

Here he found a new item to sleep in.

Attachments

• benny.jpg
    benny.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 67

UFB Fabrication

I have a Lab and a Golden that both come to the shop. Our shop is 20,000 feet. and the office is as big as a lot of peoples shop. The dogs great all the vendors and customers and most people seem happy to see them. They wont bug you for attention as they see dozens of new folks a day. As for the smell we bath our dogs when they get stinky. At our old shop we had pet day and one girl brought her iguana. BTW its a freakin sign shop so lets not get all high and mighty about professionalism either. Also is you are making signs alot smells worse than a dog are coming from your shop.